Need a Impeler housing and prop for a F-12X Turbo

Does any body know where to get a after market impeler housing w/ a plastic wear ring that can be replaced. Instead of replacing whole housing. I want to get away from the stock housing. I will also need a new prop. I am trying to correct a cavitation problem. I am also open to any suggestions that any body has done to correct there cavitation problem. Thanks
    Last edited by Dirtnut; 09-13-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Like a chimp with a ball-peen hammer smackwave's Avatar
    +1
    A 17/29 Solas impeller will fix the cavitation problem. As for a plastic liner, there's no benefit unless the prop clearances are too tight for the stock housing, and that's not the case here. If you really want to go that way you'd have to have someone machine out your impeller housing to have it fit a 155mm plastic liner. There's plenty of plenty of folks that offer liners in that size, just be careful of how much meat you need to take out of the housing.

I think for the problem you describe there is a much simpler and cheaper alternative. There have been many...... many postings about the Solas grate and impeller. They will fix your cavitation problem. I had to do something after I installed Jims kit and this cured it. The difference is like humidity on the east coast compared to the west, you just can't imagine what its like untill you feel it.

What kind of intake grate do you think is best. I know the guy that I bought it from was kinda not there. I am pretty sure its just the prop.because he was a reverse junkie. He would use reverse in 1.5 foot of water and put sand and gravel into the pump from the bottom of the shore. But i figure that if I am going that far I should just be safe and do housing on off season. Do you also know if I need a special tool to remove prop. and if so what is it so I can buy it somewhere...Thanks

You may have already seen this but if not, check it out. http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=193483

Thread Information