+1

2006 1300R cooling pissers

Ok, i have read this problem before, but i am now having it. I cant find the post of the cause of fix so here i go. I was out riding my ski, which is completely stock and when i took off from a idle, i notice the left cooling pisser was not shooting out water...i even reach over to feel for something and now warm water. I had no warnings, nothing, then all of a sudden after about 10 min. of riding it started with a slow spray, then pretty much was normal. Whats going on here and did i do the right or wrong thing by continueing to ride after i noticed one of the 2 were not working?

Thanks guys...and the ski is still for sale...lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pics 002.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	928.2 KB 
ID:	94322  

Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Ok, i have read this problem before, but i am now having it. I cant find the post of the cause of fix so here i go. I was out riding my ski, which is completely stock and when i took off from a idle, i notice the left cooling pisser was not shooting out water...i even reach over to feel for something and now warm water. I had no warnings, nothing, then all of a sudden after about 10 min. of riding it started with a slow spray, then pretty much was normal. Whats going on here and did i do the right or wrong thing by continueing to ride after i noticed one of the 2 were not working?

Thanks guys...and the ski is still for sale...lol
    After you start the ski the pissers always take a little while to start pissing normally but, On my ski I just found this problem today that when i have it on the hose and flushing it does not piss at all. Only while riding it pisses

+1
    I have the same issue on the hose, but this happend while i was out riding..i have never noticed it before...Any ideas?

My ski doesn't "piss" out the front right if standing from the back for at
    least 2-3 minutes when on the hose.

Granted i have a 99 xl1200 ltd. but i believe it's due to how fast the water
    is flowing into the system and how quickly it fills up.

The left side is easier to fill up the system before it reaches the first
    drain vs the right side on my ski which generaly take longer or more water
    from the hose(hose put on full blast).

If it is coming out then you are probably fine if it NEVER comes out you
    may have a clog. Try using a good flushing agent here in south florida we
    use salt away(can be found at most boating stores)

My XLT never pisses on the hoses and only when I'm riding above 10mph. I was told this is because the CatCon isn't in the UK models, so the water passes through the exhaust too fast to get diverted along the lines to the pissers. Only when it's getting loads of water when riding does it divert to the pissers. Don't know if it's true, but I never get a hot engine condition even though the pissers aren't showing. I checked the lines and exhaust and it's all clear, so it perhaps must be the lack of resistance due to no CatCon.

Quote Originally Posted by pauladave View Post
    My XLT never pisses on the hoses and only when I'm riding above 10mph. I was told this is because the CatCon isn't in the UK models, so the water passes through the exhaust too fast to get diverted along the lines to the pissers. Only when it's getting loads of water when riding does it divert to the pissers. Don't know if it's true, but I never get a hot engine condition even though the pissers aren't showing. I checked the lines and exhaust and it's all clear, so it perhaps must be the lack of resistance due to no CatCon.
    This would make sense to me as...I only had this problem after changing to a D-plate.

My ski has never put water out through the pissers when linked to a hose but they work fine when out on the water. My ski has had a D-plate since i bought it so i dont know if they worked before

If it doesn't piss I don't think it is a huge problem. What happens is the pipe fills with water then the excess gets pushed up. If your pipe is super hot then yes, it may be a problem. If it isn't I would say your good to go. One pisser comes from the back side of the pipe. The other is the rubber thing that goes between the stinger and the U section. I would think depending on how you had the rubber part positioned you would piss out more water on the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by pauladave View Post
    Agree, I had the same issue and was recommended to pinch the hose that goes backwards (from the hose line) and then it comes out the pissers nice and strong. Recommended to me as it reduces the risk of overheating no.3 whilst on the hose - but like you no hot warning.

Thread Information