+1

Different way to flush

When I kept my ski on a EZDock type dock for a few weeks down the shore this summer, I would flush it out after every ride while it was on the dock. However, I really don't think it was effective because whenever I walked to the back of the ski, the dock would sink in the water a little bit and then salt water would enter the pump. I ended up laying on the seat and reaching over to disconnect the water. This was a pain in the butt. So the owner of the dock was watching me do this, and he suggested that I put an attaching on the water hose inside the engine compartment that feeds the exhast so I wouldn't have to go behind the ski to flush it. What do you guys think about this? I was thinking I would put like a T on the hose to connect the fresh water with an on/off valve. Also, is this the hose I am supposed to clamp if I am being towed? If so, I would like to put an on/off valve on that, just in case. Let me know what you guys think. If it's a bad idea, I'd like to hear that too. Thanks!

+1
    yep i have thesame problem. my solution waa to stand on an adjacent EZdock, i have 5 in a row, and lean/reach behind the flushing ski from another ezdock.
    if you dont have multiple docks.
    1) are you using an EZDock3 ????
    2) pull your ski as far up on the ezdock as you can. the further forward the better.
    3) clean your ezdock underneath with a paint scraper, all the growth, barnacles, etc, weighs it down. swim under and scrape scrape scrape!!
    4) make sure your dock isnt cracked or leaking, thus partially sunk. if it is pull it out of the water drain it and fix the crack.
    5) you can adjust the rollers on the dock, try adjusting the rear roller for more height. that way the AZZ of the ski sits higher in the air when its parked on the dock.
    6) THIS WORKED VERY WELL FOR US>>>
    go get some of that special blue foam, the flotation kind they put inside floating docks, etc. we find it all the time washed up in the marshes and along the banks of channels after big storms, it is super floaty!!!
    you will need to custom cut several large blocks of the foam.
    rectangular shape, so it fits inside the air pockets under the EZDOCK.
    the trick is to cut the blocks so they fill the air pocket AND stick down below the dock 6-10 inches. these large reactangular peices will provide ALOT of extra floatation.
    you just need to be a bit more gentle when pulling your ski up onto the dock, because when the dock is free flating it will float 1-2 inches higher out of the water, but witht e ski on it it will also float an inch or two higher... and thats what you want!!!!

+1
    flush fitting idea might work if you clamp the hose that leads up from the pump, while you are flushing.
    yes thats the hose you need to clamp if towing.
    the correct hose should be marked with a red line or something.
    cut and splice a flush fitting and a cutoff valve and you could do it, but i think you still need to get your ski up out of the water a bit.
    and plenty of people have fogotten the cutoff valve and overheated their engine on the next ride out!!!be careful not to forget the valve is closed

+1
    Thanks for the response. I am not sure if it is the ezdock 3, I was just renting the dock for a few weeks over the summer. Also, I wouldn't be able to go under and do all of the stuff you mentioned, but that is great info for the not so distance future when I have a dock of my own. I'll have to think about if I really want to put that fitting and valve in there. Thanks for the help!!

Thread Information