Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question high idle again... need help...

ok back to the GTX issue...

i just replaced the idle bypass valve and it worked again back to 1800 rpm

i used it today for maybe 2 hours and now i am having issues again with 2600+rpm .... argh...

also no matter how much seadoo lube i put on the throttle cable at throttle body it will eventually stick hard again within prob a day or so....

do i need to just take out the throttle body and have it really cleaned out??

this cause the high idle issue as well??

+1
    could but you may need a cable.

same problem

I am having the same problem with my 2007 rxp. I recently installed a shim in the supercharger, the metal washers, and a riva blowoff valve, and after the repairs were done the unit idels between 2500 and 2800rpms. My throttle body also keeps freezing and while i was installing the blowoff valve i cleaned all of the salt off the throttleshaft. i checked the idel adjustment and it is 100% backed off and it still idels this high.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Scot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I am having the same problem with my 2007 rxp. I recently installed a shim in the supercharger, the metal washers, and a riva blowoff valve, and after the repairs were done the unit idels between 2500 and 2800rpms. My throttle body also keeps freezing and while i was installing the blowoff valve i cleaned all of the salt off the throttleshaft. i checked the idel adjustment and it is 100% backed off and it still idels this high.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Scot
    Welcome to the forum Scot.

Your high idle has nothing to do with any of the mods you installed but more than likely has to do with your throttle body freezing up.

Also, that is not an idle adjustment. It's a throttle stop. Engine idle speed is controlled by the ECU. You don't wan't to adjust that throttle stop.

Sounds like your TB needs a good cleaning and lube.

You may also want to make sure your throttle cable isn't binding.

i ordered a throttle cable myself...

if i move the cable on the TB the lever on the handbars doesnt even move

hopefully this is my issue

throttle body

when you talk about throttle body are you talking about the part that the throttle cable hooks up to? The butterfly in this was completly covered in salt internally. it keeps on freezing up but the cable itself is fine. i have to turn the throttle body with a lot of pressure before it frees up then it freezes up again the next day. the engine ideled at 1500 rpms before i did the work on it. if the supercharger did not need a shim and i put 1 in would it make it run like this? i already cleaned all the salt away and lubercated the butterfly.

Thanks

Scot

if it is still sticking then it prob is inside the TB

take off the tube to the TB and spray WD40 and do some turning and free it up....

might help but dont know

it frees up but is frozen the next day when it is ideling high it is still 100% un frozen

right mine would unfreeze after using wd-40 then refreeze in the next day or 2....

my idle would start at 1800 then jump to 2600-2850

i have already replaced the idle bypass valve which was bad, which seemed to fix issue for the 1st day riding but back to same issue

my issue is hopefully the throttle cable which im replacing this week

check for air leaks... u can spray some brake cleaner around the intake and if the idle drops, you have an air leak... of course I am not liable for this advice, brake cleaner IS flammable... ask me how I know? well after my rebuild I somehow forgot the intercooler clamp, and that sucker popped out at wot and after that it idled right around the same rpm you guys are mentioning 2600

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information