+1

GIO again any ideas

i didnt have a huge GIO problem, after changing my 07 breather to a complete 08 system with catchcan mod. i rode at WOT for 1/2hr and i have drained 80mls of straight oil from the can never has this happened before i recently had the motor out and i know i put in the correct amount of oil. hoping this is a once off any ideas?
    cheers

Did you notice the extra oil in the catch can AFTER you converted to the 08 system?
    The reason is the 07 vent box was put there to allow the crankcase to vent but it is baffled to keep most of the oil from getting into the catch can. Problem is it also allows blow-by gasses to condense in the vent box which then drains back into the crankcase. Kawi removed the vent box (I'm guessing) for this very reason. This helps some with the GIO but also allows more oil to get back to the catch can.
    I installed the novalast system on my ski and was getting mostly gas in the catch can however I was still getting some gas in the crankcase. I removed the vent box and converted to the 08 system. This eliminated the gas condensing and flowing back into the crankcase but now I get more oil in the catch can. Not a big deal, except you have to check your oil more frequently and keep it topped up.

+1
    was it oil, or fuely oil, if its black and very runny this is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    i didnt have a huge GIO problem, after changing my 07 breather to a complete 08 system with catchcan mod. i rode at WOT for 1/2hr and i have drained 80mls of straight oil from the can never has this happened before i recently had the motor out and i know i put in the correct amount of oil. hoping this is a once off any ideas?
    cheers
    Will sound like an azz but sell it and get a 09.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JET250 View Post
    was it oil, or fuely oil, if its black and very runny this is the norm.
    dave it was straight clean oil!! i made a mistake with the post and called it GIO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    Did you notice the extra oil in the catch can AFTER you converted to the 08 system?
    The reason is the 07 vent box was put there to allow the crankcase to vent but it is baffled to keep most of the oil from getting into the catch can. Problem is it also allows blow-by gasses to condense in the vent box which then drains back into the crankcase. Kawi removed the vent box (I'm guessing) for this very reason. This helps some with the GIO but also allows more oil to get back to the catch can.
    I installed the novalast system on my ski and was getting mostly gas in the catch can however I was still getting some gas in the crankcase. I removed the vent box and converted to the 08 system. This eliminated the gas condensing and flowing back into the crankcase but now I get more oil in the catch can. Not a big deal, except you have to check your oil more frequently and keep it topped up.
    yes only after going totally with the 08 system i originally had left the vent box in but when i removed the motor from the ski i removed the vent box and went with the 08 system thats when the new troubles have started i think you are right also had a call from sir waz and he had same explaination so i will be waiting for a fix that is in the pipeline.
    cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    Will sound like an azz but sell it and get a 09.
    yes you do sound like an azz easier said than done here in aussie where the ski's are double the U.S prices

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    yes you do sound like an azz easier said than done here in aussie where the ski's are double the U.S prices
    U250X MSRP in Europe 17250euro=24450$usd or 30181$aus...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    U250X MSRP in Europe 17250euro=24450$usd or 30181$aus...
    yes we do live in the wrong part of the world for these ski's

Thread Information