Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sorry about the topic again but im a little confuesed!!!

I have an RXT and was out in the Chesapeake bay riding today and at first it was running GREAT hitting 70mph at 8100 RPM ( dremometer )...on the way back it was about 2-3ft chop and seemed as if the ski would surge alot. When I got back home I put in at my local riding spot on the Susquehanna River to clean the salt off and made a few WOT runs and It seemed that I could not get it to go above 70mph at 7800-7900 RPM ( dremometer ). My question is seeing that I am new to the SD's...would this be a sign of a slipping clutch ??? BTW when we started the day riding I was at a FULL tank of gas and when I got back I was on 2 bars! HELP ME!!! lol I am still confused about the whole slipping clutch disks!!!

Banned User
    It's either Heat fade or your SC is slipping
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseXagainst42 View Post
    I have an RXT and was out in the Chesapeake bay riding today and at first it was running GREAT hitting 70mph at 8100 RPM ( dremometer )...on the way back it was about 2-3ft chop and seemed as if the ski would surge alot. When I got back home I put in at my local riding spot on the Susquehanna River to clean the salt off and made a few WOT runs and It seemed that I could not get it to go above 70mph at 7800-7900 RPM ( dremometer ). My question is seeing that I am new to the SD's...would this be a sign of a slipping clutch ??? BTW when we started the day riding I was at a FULL tank of gas and when I got back I was on 2 bars! HELP ME!!! lol I am still confused about the whole slipping clutch disks!!!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    What was the air temp when you were getting 8100rpms and what was it when you were only getting 7800? Did the humidity change between those times either?

It may not be slip it may be heat fade and other atmospheric conditions that are limiting your speed.

When I got 8100 it was in the morning around 10ish and when I got 78-7900 it was around 6:30-7:00PM and I would say it was more Humid also....The ski seemed to pull like normal tho and the speedo also got to 70 just as quick, I am just concerned about the drop in RPM over that short amount of time. What are most stock RXT's showing on the tack and MPH ( dreamometer cluster )???? Like I said before, This is a BIG jump from my VX110 I had before I traded!

+1
    With a stock ski you can see heat fade of that amount with difference in heat, etc.

How many hours on your ski or better yet sc?

If your going to say 50+ then get your sc tuned up, it will need it any way.

Alot of good info here just dig in.

When I got 8100 it was in the morning around 10ish and when I got 78-7900 it was around 6:30-7:00PM and I would say it was more Humid also....The ski seemed to pull like normal tho and the speedo also got to 70 just as quick, I am just concerned about the drop in RPM over that short amount of time. What are most stock RXT's showing on the tack and MPH ( dreamometer cluster )???? Like I said before, This is a BIG jump from my VX110 I had before I traded!
    You can easily lose 300 RPM to heat fade, and if the river was several degrees warmer than the bay that could cost you some RPMs too, due to reduced intercooler efficiency.

Thanks for the quick replys guys. Today was a great day to ride but the equipment wasnt cooperating if you read my post about the trailer also lol...Can the tune up/rebuild of SC be done by me or do I need to take it to the dealer?

Thanks for the quick replys guys. Today was a great day to ride but the equipment wasnt cooperating if you read my post about the trailer also lol...Can the tune up/rebuild of SC be done by me or do I need to take it to the dealer?
    When I spend my money on rebuilding a SC, I send it to Jerry. Other than possibly Riva, he has done more Sea Doo SCs than any dealership tech.

His address and fees are in this thread.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21550

Forgot to add...The ski had roughly 100ish on when I bought it a month ago and sence I had put on a good 130 more!!!! Thats what happens when you have a place to ride in your back yard!!! So overall the ski has 230hrs...I know it sounds like a lot but everything is running great!! i did the normal maintnece when I bought it such as plugs, rechanged the oil lol and all that. impellor is in almost perfect shape.

+1
    Forgot to add...The ski had roughly 100ish on when I bought it a month ago and sence I had put on a good 130 more!!!! Thats what happens when you have a place to ride in your back yard!!! So overall the ski has 230hrs...I know it sounds like a lot but everything is running great!! i did the normal maintnece when I bought it such as plugs, rechanged the oil lol and all that. impellor is in almost perfect shape.

Definitey pull your sc and send it to Jerry. You have got your moneys worth out of those washers for sure.
    Turn arround time is incrediable with GH and cheaper then any where else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information