Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    RiseXagainst42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    182

    Sorry about the topic again but im a little confuesed!!!

    I have an RXT and was out in the Chesapeake bay riding today and at first it was running GREAT hitting 70mph at 8100 RPM ( dremometer )...on the way back it was about 2-3ft chop and seemed as if the ski would surge alot. When I got back home I put in at my local riding spot on the Susquehanna River to clean the salt off and made a few WOT runs and It seemed that I could not get it to go above 70mph at 7800-7900 RPM ( dremometer ). My question is seeing that I am new to the SD's...would this be a sign of a slipping clutch ??? BTW when we started the day riding I was at a FULL tank of gas and when I got back I was on 2 bars! HELP ME!!! lol I am still confused about the whole slipping clutch disks!!!


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    It's either Heat fade or your SC is slipping
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseXagainst42 View Post
    I have an RXT and was out in the Chesapeake bay riding today and at first it was running GREAT hitting 70mph at 8100 RPM ( dremometer )...on the way back it was about 2-3ft chop and seemed as if the ski would surge alot. When I got back home I put in at my local riding spot on the Susquehanna River to clean the salt off and made a few WOT runs and It seemed that I could not get it to go above 70mph at 7800-7900 RPM ( dremometer ). My question is seeing that I am new to the SD's...would this be a sign of a slipping clutch ??? BTW when we started the day riding I was at a FULL tank of gas and when I got back I was on 2 bars! HELP ME!!! lol I am still confused about the whole slipping clutch disks!!!

  3. #3
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseXagainst42 View Post
    I have an RXT and was out in the Chesapeake bay riding today and at first it was running GREAT hitting 70mph at 8100 RPM ( dremometer )...on the way back it was about 2-3ft chop and seemed as if the ski would surge alot. When I got back home I put in at my local riding spot on the Susquehanna River to clean the salt off and made a few WOT runs and It seemed that I could not get it to go above 70mph at 7800-7900 RPM ( dremometer ). My question is seeing that I am new to the SD's...would this be a sign of a slipping clutch ??? BTW when we started the day riding I was at a FULL tank of gas and when I got back I was on 2 bars! HELP ME!!! lol I am still confused about the whole slipping clutch disks!!!
    What was the air temp when you were getting 8100rpms and what was it when you were only getting 7800? Did the humidity change between those times either?

    It may not be slip it may be heat fade and other atmospheric conditions that are limiting your speed.

  4. #4
    RiseXagainst42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    182
    When I got 8100 it was in the morning around 10ish and when I got 78-7900 it was around 6:30-7:00PM and I would say it was more Humid also....The ski seemed to pull like normal tho and the speedo also got to 70 just as quick, I am just concerned about the drop in RPM over that short amount of time. What are most stock RXT's showing on the tack and MPH ( dreamometer cluster )???? Like I said before, This is a BIG jump from my VX110 I had before I traded!

  5. #5
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    With a stock ski you can see heat fade of that amount with difference in heat, etc.

    How many hours on your ski or better yet sc?

    If your going to say 50+ then get your sc tuned up, it will need it any way.

    Alot of good info here just dig in.

  6. #6
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseXagainst42 View Post
    When I got 8100 it was in the morning around 10ish and when I got 78-7900 it was around 6:30-7:00PM and I would say it was more Humid also....The ski seemed to pull like normal tho and the speedo also got to 70 just as quick, I am just concerned about the drop in RPM over that short amount of time. What are most stock RXT's showing on the tack and MPH ( dreamometer cluster )???? Like I said before, This is a BIG jump from my VX110 I had before I traded!
    You can easily lose 300 RPM to heat fade, and if the river was several degrees warmer than the bay that could cost you some RPMs too, due to reduced intercooler efficiency.

  7. #7
    RiseXagainst42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    182
    Thanks for the quick replys guys. Today was a great day to ride but the equipment wasnt cooperating if you read my post about the trailer also lol...Can the tune up/rebuild of SC be done by me or do I need to take it to the dealer?

  8. #8
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseXagainst42 View Post
    Thanks for the quick replys guys. Today was a great day to ride but the equipment wasnt cooperating if you read my post about the trailer also lol...Can the tune up/rebuild of SC be done by me or do I need to take it to the dealer?
    When I spend my money on rebuilding a SC, I send it to Jerry. Other than possibly Riva, he has done more Sea Doo SCs than any dealership tech.

    His address and fees are in this thread.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21550

  9. #9
    RiseXagainst42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    182
    Forgot to add...The ski had roughly 100ish on when I bought it a month ago and sence I had put on a good 130 more!!!! Thats what happens when you have a place to ride in your back yard!!! So overall the ski has 230hrs...I know it sounds like a lot but everything is running great!! i did the normal maintnece when I bought it such as plugs, rechanged the oil lol and all that. impellor is in almost perfect shape.

  10. #10
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseXagainst42 View Post
    Forgot to add...The ski had roughly 100ish on when I bought it a month ago and sence I had put on a good 130 more!!!! Thats what happens when you have a place to ride in your back yard!!! So overall the ski has 230hrs...I know it sounds like a lot but everything is running great!! i did the normal maintnece when I bought it such as plugs, rechanged the oil lol and all that. impellor is in almost perfect shape.

    Definitey pull your sc and send it to Jerry. You have got your moneys worth out of those washers for sure.
    Turn arround time is incrediable with GH and cheaper then any where else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 12:16 AM
  2. im confused about the catch can install
    By lost boyz in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 11:17 PM
  3. Sorry about the breakdown
    By RightOnTarget1 in forum Mudbug Nationals PWC.Life Rally
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 04:40 AM
  4. sorry about the typo
    By giguchan in forum Towing and Trailers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 10:17 PM
  5. About the "blow spout" in waveruuners (sorry)
    By Bulldogs101 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •