trying to fog supercharger

can anyone show me the hose to the supercharger i need to poke a hole in to fog the supercharger and then cover with hose clamp ,thanks dave.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by soberdave View Post
    can anyone show me the hose to the supercharger i need to poke a hole in to fog the supercharger and then cover with hose clamp ,thanks dave.
    And at the same time could you share your suggestions on what product you guys spray into the supercharger?

+1
    if you were going to go down that path i would use the intake side (non pressurised side) of the s/c but why drill a hole when there is already 4 holes there? just remove either the catchcan vent hose and spray or use the breather drain tube. or do it per instructions on here.

Amsoil has a good fogging solution. Need to get it from an Amsoil guy though. Worked good for me so far.
    Steve

I use Kawi Fog oil! Its not real thick, as in runny, it fogs real quick, I spray it at the intake of my big ole R-Rated intake, and I hear my ski cough. I know I did well. I let it re-coup for a few seconds, then hit it again...It coughs again. Just like if you were at the doc. getting a checkup...
    Shut it down, and I'm good to go!

if i spray in the intake does the supercharger get foged?

+1
    if i spray in the intake does the supercharger get foged?
    of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    of course!!
    Not true, when I tried it. I sprayed about half can of fogging oil into the air intake while blipping the engine at various rpms. Then I removed the top side manifold (outlet) to check, but I did not see a drop of fogging oil on the s/c rotors at all. When I removed the intake hose just before the s/c inlet, ALL the fogging oil was found on the bottom of the s/c. I learned the typical fogging oil was too thick and too quickly liquidfies becoming droplets.

The most efficient and easiest way of fogging that I found was to remove the hose between the intercooler and the s/c outlet, and spray into the outlet pipe of the s/c outlet manifold using a straw tube that usually comes with a spray can. Then, with the spark plug wires removed, press the START button momentarily to rotate the rotors so that you can spray onto un-oiled areas of the rotors. Repeat this a few times to completely cover the s/c rotors. Don't over do it to avoid contaminating the intercooler internal fins.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    Not true, when I tried it. I sprayed about half can of fogging oil into the air intake while blipping the engine at various rpms. Then I removed the top side manifold (outlet) to check, but I did not see a drop of fogging oil on the s/c rotors at all. When I removed the intake hose just before the s/c inlet, ALL the fogging oil was found on the bottom of the s/c. I learned the typical fogging oil was too thick and too quickly liquidfies becoming droplets.

The most efficient and easiest way of fogging that I found was to remove the hose between the intercooler and the s/c outlet, and spray into the outlet pipe of the s/c outlet manifold using a straw tube that usually comes with a spray can. Then, with the spark plug wires removed, press the START button momentarily to rotate the rotors so that you can spray onto un-oiled areas of the rotors. Repeat this a few times to completely cover the s/c rotors. Don't over do it to avoid contaminating the intercooler internal fins.
    the air mixed with the fogging oil would be passing the rotors but maybe not sticking i wouldn't think you would have to blip the throttle though. i personelly do it the way in your second method as this way in my opinion should not push large amounts of fogging oil into your i/c. only difference is i disconnect the coils as per kawi service release instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    the air mixed with the fogging oil would be passing the rotors but maybe not sticking
    When I tried spraying into the intake, the fogging oil did not get mixed with the air and did not pass through the rotors because I took out the s/c from the ski and throughly inspected - see pic below. All the fogging oil just ended up at the bottom of the intake duct just before the s/c inlet.

Even if the fogging oil passes through the s/c rotos, it is not accomplishing the original goal - fogging of the s/c. There are two important areas about fogging the s/c:
    > Rotor surface is coated with the some kind of rubberish material and the clearance between the rotors is extremely critical. The rotor surface can get easily scratched/gouged by hard dried up salt deposits when rotors start to rotate. Rotors with (even slight) damage on the surface would experience low boost, low WOT rpm and lowe top speed as a result.
    > Rotor ends are not rubber coated - just bare aluminum. It can corrode rather easily and stick to the side of the s/c, permanently locking it.

After the fogging, druing the storge if you have an easy access to the ski, it's a good idea to start the engine and run it for 20~30 seconds once every week or every other weekend. While running, put your hand on the exhaust manifold and feel the temp. Then you would know how warm/hot the engine is getting. That's how I survived my first winter on my 250.

Thread Information