Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: s/c rebuild

+1

s/c rebuild

Hey guys, been reading threads on this site for quite a while now and have learnt a lot from everyone here
    When the time comes i think i have most of the information i need to rebuild my s/c. I would be confident in puling the s/c out and the rebuild looks pretty straight forward. I would really like to be able to do this myself as i know my dealer will slug an arm and a leg to do it.
    Anything i need to be careful of if im going to tackle it myself? Do you guys rebuild the s/c yourselves?

Do yourself a favor and send it to Jerry ( Greenhulk ) if you can! From what I heard he is the best at doing the rebuilds. I myself and getting ready to pull mine and send to him. If you look at the left part of the screen in the "links" menu, you will see "SC rebuild service" Click there. Good Luck!!! let us know what you decide and how you make out!

Edit: Sorry, Didnt see that you were from Austrailia!!!

+1
    I highly reccomend that you send it to GH.
    It is priceless insurance then guessing yourself that all is ok.
    Very fast service and the price can not be beat.

I do most of my moding but i leave the sc up to the expert and have never had a problem.

I do everything myself from engine builds to electronics modifications. When it comes to superchargers, I just send them to Jerry. To me, it's worth the $75 just for the peace (piece?) of mind knowing my S/C is torqued properly, and assembled 100% right.

I couldn't even begin to guess how many S/C's Jerry's rebuild, but I'd say conservatively he's probably approaching 1000 rebuilds. He's seen every kind of failure there is, and I'm sure has his method down to bulletproof. It's just one less thing to troubleshoot if your having issues.

LOL, jinx! You must have posted right as I started typing haha.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I highly reccomend that you send it to GH.
    It is priceless insurance then guessing yourself that all is ok.
    Very fast service and the price can not be beat.

I do most of my moding but i leave the sc up to the expert and have never had a problem.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey guys, been reading threads on this site for quite a while now and have learnt a lot from everyone here
    When the time comes i think i have most of the information i need to rebuild my s/c. I would be confident in puling the s/c out and the rebuild looks pretty straight forward. I would really like to be able to do this myself as i know my dealer will slug an arm and a leg to do it.
    Anything i need to be careful of if im going to tackle it myself? Do you guys rebuild the s/c yourselves?
    You can do it yourself... however you will have to invest in the SC tools & a quality dial type inch pounds torque wrench to do it properly. Every step has to be done properly & by the book or you will have more than just SC problems! The proper tools will set you back about $400

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I do all my own work, but as soon as the Rude X'Treme is ready off mine goes to Jerry.

+1
    I hear what you guys are saying and ideally i would like to send it to Jerry, however cos i am in Aus postage both ways would add up to a fair amount in itself..
    It probably would still be cheaper than getting it done locally though

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    I hear what you guys are saying and ideally i would like to send it to Jerry, however cos i am in Aus postage both ways would add up to a fair amount in itself..
    It probably would still be cheaper than getting it done locally though

Not sure what it would cost you to get the supercharger to me but for me to return it via USPS Global Express Mail would be $60.26

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Not sure what it would cost you to get the supercharger to me but for me to return it via USPS Global Express Mail would be $60.26
    Thanks Jerry, Thats quite reasonable.. Would imagine for me to send it to you the price would be fairly similar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information