A few basic questions

I just hit 10 hours on my '08 RXT-X. Isn't the maint. reminder supposed to flash at this point? I have probably 15-20 min. of run time since the hour meter flipped 10 and no lights. My only worry is that it will go off right after I have the dealer perform the 10 hour service.

Two other quick questions: My ski seems to "pull" to the right once on plane. It is most noticeable with trim all the way down. Do you think this is the steering nozzle alignment or an OPAS issue? Finally, My gas cap does not "click" no matter how tight you screw it on like my '02 GTX. Is that normal?

This is an amazing ski and I can't wait to get the 10 hour service out of the way! Depending on the responses I get, I tell the dealer to look in to these other minor issues. Thanks everyone!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarberio View Post
    I just hit 10 hours on my '08 RXT-X. Isn't the maint. reminder supposed to flash at this point? I have probably 15-20 min. of run time since the hour meter flipped 10 and no lights. My only worry is that it will go off right after I have the dealer perform the 10 hour service.

Two other quick questions: My ski seems to "pull" to the right once on plane. It is most noticeable with trim all the way down. Do you think this is the steering nozzle alignment or an OPAS issue? Finally, My gas cap does not "click" no matter how tight you screw it on like my '02 GTX. Is that normal?

This is an amazing ski and I can't wait to get the 10 hour service out of the way! Depending on the responses I get, I tell the dealer to look in to these other minor issues. Thanks everyone!
    Welcome! Your dealer will reset the the maintenance alarm when the service is complete, you'll probably see it again at 75hrs. As far as the pulling to the right... bring that up to your dealer & let them look into it for you! My guess is it's cause your trimmed all the way down? Your gas cap will click if you crank down hard enough on it... it'll break They don't click like the older ski's did... mine will click sometimes!

+1

You're right on the 10 hour thing. i hit 10 hours with no maint light. My p-x went on @ 10 hours like normal. My T-x started to flash maint at 14 hours and has been on still at 35 hours. No worry though I believe.

Ed

Sorry to keep pressing the point, but if I bring my boat in for service at 10 hours BUT BEFORE the reminder has gone off, is it likely that the reminder will go off in the next few hours after the 10 hour service requiring another trip to the dealer to turn it off?

I'll have the dealer check the OPAS.

No one's fuel cap clicks when tightened? My '02 GTX 4tec does. I thought they were all supposed to.

My 10 service light never came on when i hit 10 hours either and i have 45 hours on mine and havent seen a single one yet is that a problem.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 08rxp215 View Post
    My 10 service light never came on when i hit 10 hours either and i have 45 hours on mine and havent seen a single one yet is that a problem.
    On my 07 I never got a maint warning until 47 hours I wait until 17 hours for the 10 hour maint on mine.

Im gonna try to run mine up to 50 hours before it gets to cold that way i will go ahead and get the 50 hour service out of the way before next season.

+1
    my 08 GTX never showed the maintenance reminder at 10 hrs....I did it myself(saved my receipts)....its really just an oil change

i'm at 43 hrs now,and no warnings at all...

your dealer should be able to disable the maintenance warning even it it hasen't gone off yet....PPG did with my '03...

I just hit 10 hours on my '08 RXT-X. Isn't the maint. reminder supposed to flash at this point? I have probably 15-20 min. of run time since the hour meter flipped 10 and no lights. My only worry is that it will go off right after I have the dealer perform the 10 hour service. Dealer will reset it don't stress

Two other quick questions: My ski seems to "pull" to the right once on plane. It is most noticeable with trim all the way down. Do you think this is the steering nozzle alignment or an OPAS issue? Finally, My gas cap does not "click" no matter how tight you screw it on like my '02 GTX. Is that normal? No fuel cap dosen't click....steering is crap with trim down only good for hole shot.. think the ski pulling might be common mine does a little specially in ocean...

+1
    Sorry to keep pressing the point, but if I bring my boat in for service at 10 hours BUT BEFORE the reminder has gone off, is it likely that the reminder will go off in the next few hours after the 10 hour service requiring another trip to the dealer to turn it off?

I'll have the dealer check the OPAS.

No one's fuel cap clicks when tightened? My '02 GTX 4tec does. I thought they were all supposed to.
    I have never once heard the cap on my P-X click!

Thread Information