Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Well shut my mouth!

If I didn't see and ride it I wouldn't have believed it!

Well, I just got off my friend Eddie's 2008 Green Ultra 250X and I just ran 72.3 @ 8,160... in calm water and on slow slow Smith Mountain Lake. Unbelievable! I ran my Ultra against his and he pulls me by about 5-6mph on the top end, but he leaves me in the dust from 20mph on up. Getting out of the hole is still a problem because the ski is very heavy, but once he gets on plane it is bye bye baby.

I have a 2007 Ultra (the red one!) and I can run 66.5 @ 7,620 on my best day. I have listened to all of you people tell me that I should be running 8,000+ but I could never get there. I was convinced that my Kawai was a lost cause and my RXT-X was going to continue to beat it because it runs 72 on a good day. However, the T-X can’t stay with my Kawai in the lake slop (with me riding each ski). I kept saying to myself, “If I only had another 5mph.”

Eddie’s ski has the timing advance, intercooler mod, pulley mod, fuel pressure mod, and RIVA ride plate. He is also running a stock prop.

Now we need a good prop and some ideas for sponsons to get the hull out of the water more. Any help in this area would be appreciated.

I can’t wait to try his ski again on the weekend when the lake gets nasty. I'll bet it runs better. The Kawai is just not in its element in dead calm water.

That’s a great # for speed.
    So, what are you doing to get YOUR ski to that speed?
    Prop….Thats subjective. Some people have ran skat, and solas, some with, some without success. Search around, and see what the big dogs are running for props. Or, send it to Jawz...
    Sponsons. Wont net you any gain IMO…IF your going straight, stick with stock.
    Cheers..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    That’s a great # for speed.
    So, what are you doing to get YOUR ski to that speed?
    You just never mind how he got that speed & stick with what you've got!

Hey Phil, I was just down on your lake for the last week. I had Eddie and his tech check over my ski at TG Kawi if it's the same Eddie, thats a sweet ski....my top on the lake was 64.8 at about 7670 rpm so I'm in the same boat as you. How far out of the water does Eddie's bow come up with that Riva plate? I asked Eddie about my speed and rpm and he said it was within spec. I saw his ski at the shop and he was very cool, went thru all the details. BTW, I love that lake. My brother has a condo on the south west side and spent the whole week out from two Thursdays ago on till this past Friday ..if you saw a stickerless red Ultra on the lake that was me! Cheers!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RG250X View Post
    Hey Phil, I was just down on your lake for the last week. I had Eddie and his tech check over my ski at TG Kawi if it's the same Eddie, thats a sweet ski....my top on the lake was 64.8 at about 7670 rpm so I'm in the same boat as you. How far out of the water does Eddie's bow come up with that Riva plate? I asked Eddie about my speed and rpm and he said it was within spec. I saw his ski at the shop and he was very cool, went thru all the details. BTW, I love that lake. My brother has a condo on the south west side and spent the whole week out from two Thursdays ago on till this past Friday ..if you saw a stickerless red Ultra on the lake that was me! Cheers!
    Do you have a Riva plate? If not I got one for sale.

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    Phil

have not seen you in a while, dam i gotta talk with eddie
    he never said he was up to that speed.

I need some MOD's and a rematch with the sea doo boys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    Do you have a Riva plate? If not I got one for sale.
    I have a Jim's ride plate on my ski. What is the diffference between Jim's and Riva? What ride plate are you using since you are selling your Riva?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenozzy View Post
    Phil

have not seen you in a while, dam i gotta talk with eddie
    he never said he was up to that speed.

I need some MOD's and a rematch with the sea doo boys
    Eddie's ski is really singing, but it needs some Saturday afternoon water to be in its element.

Unfortunately, the Sea Doo Boys are faster now as well. I think Eric put on about 5mph and Brent is running high 70s. I would like to be riding Eddie's ski instead of mine when we race them again.

+1
    PM me next time you come up. You really have to meet all the guys in person... we have a good crew. On Saturdays in the summer, we race from the cliffs to the Virginia Dare. That's 16 miles in the worst of the lake slop. What a trip! And BTW, that is Eddie from Top Gun I am talking about.

+1
    PM me next time you come up. You really have to meet all the guys in person... we have a good crew. On Saturdays in the summer, we race from the cliffs to the Virginia Dare. That's 16 miles in the worst of the lake slop. What a trip! And BTW, that is Eddie from Top Gun I am talking about. He's a good friend and really knows his Kawais.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information