cooling setup with triples -- what should i do???

Ive been reading a ton on here, and rivas forum about what everyone has to say about seting up your cooling lines with triples but i havent been able to find out wut works the best? Should all 3 pipes and cylinders get their own lines and then dump them all overboard.. or ive heard that maybe the pipes like warmer water and to run the lines from the heads to the pipes and then out? I was thinkin about running a dual 1/2" [email protected] cooling block combined with the original existing 1/2" line, each to my cylinders first then to my pipes and out... ?? or maybe not a good idea? wuts everyone else doin....?

anybody got anything at all?

I had run mine first through cylinders then to each pipe but teed off to a bypass - 6 bypasses in all. Because of water pressure issues Fernando had (he ran the same way and water pressure was causing the cylinders to see a little water forces past the gaskets) I went back to the way FP recommends - individual feed lines and dual not triple cooling. I also think the pipes are less prone to cracking with coller water.

FWIW...

There is no VooDoo like BadVooDoo NeVerMind's Avatar
    You thinking about running a Limited and Open Class 1200 runabout?

limited runabout

so ill just tap the cover with another 1/2 90 fitting and run that with the existing 1/2line to my filter block .. hows that sound?

I have a line for each pipe and each head and they are plenty hot coming out.

I run two 1/2" lines from the pump to a 6 outlet manifold... then run two 3/8" lines to each exhaust manifold (I drilled and taped each manifold for an extra cooling line) open up the exhaust manifold gaskets to get the extra water in. If your not running a billet head open up the head gasket to get the water out. Run two outlets on each head, have one out go to the pipe and one go over board. I ran this set-up with the cast R&D heads and one layer gasket 1211 and had no sealing issues.

I built a custom water manifold out of schedule 80 pvc approx the same lenght as the motor drilled and taped at the same locations as the fittings on the exhaust manifolds for sano installation without snaking a bunch of wateline around the hull.

I Like two 1/2 in lines in to a water log,then tap the manifolds for 1 1/2 in line to each manifold,then from the heads one line into each pipe,and one line out the bypass,TJ

Any pics of custom water manifolds?

Thread Information