Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Not what I expected???

Hey there all (again..lol) Just wondering why I am not seeing the results I thought I would with everything I have put in my ski??? It runs great don't get me wrong but my 08 rxp can still stay with me and it takes my 04 a LONG ways to slightly start pulling away, why is that I have put over 3 grand in mine and it is still next to me...should I not be whooping this thing??? Any advice would be great as for I want to hit in the 80's and seems like the more I put in parts gets me almost nowhere...I am hoping it is a prop issue and that's why I got the 15/20 but now out of the hole it hits the limiter and I am only going about 4 mph...?? Thanks for any advice you all have been great so far....

Moderated
    bolting parts on is only half the fight, its all in the tuning.

trust me i know, i am in the same position although mine (a GPR) eats s1 rxp's now.

you have to do the research on here and test test test and then test again with your trusty GPS, TAch and a log book to record what works and what does not along with the days conditions.

even small things like filling ride plate holes make a difference to your top end numbers.

you are going to have to do what i am currently doing and that is go back over everything you have done to make sure it is done right and start looking very closely at the hull, grate, plate, prop, sponsons.... heck anything you can think of so you can unlock the speed that is hiding in there somewhere.

keep in mind i am a yamaha guy but the fundermentals are the same.
    Last edited by izz0; 09-17-2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: seadoo owners wished they had tabs

+1
    I've been looking for tabs on my RXP and can't seem to find any

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I've been looking for tabs on my RXP and can't seem to find any
    like i said i am a yamaha guy but the tuning fundermentals are the same :P

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    what rpms you have now?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by dpoole5074 View Post
    Hey there all (again..lol) Just wondering why I am not seeing the results I thought I would with everything I have put in my ski??? It runs great don't get me wrong but my 08 rxp can still stay with me and it takes my 04 a LONG ways to slightly start pulling away, why is that I have put over 3 grand in mine and it is still next to me...should I not be whooping this thing??? Any advice would be great as for I want to hit in the 80's and seems like the more I put in parts gets me almost nowhere...I am hoping it is a prop issue and that's why I got the 15/20 but now out of the hole it hits the limiter and I am only going about 4 mph...?? Thanks for any advice you all have been great so far....
    What ring are you running in your venturi? if 81mm..As PBJ would say "woop there it is" 81mm are not made for holeshots, Check your slip on your SC as well check and recheck for boost leaks..No doubt you shoud eat that ski's lunch

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    What ring are you running in your venturi? if 81mm..As PBJ would say "woop there it is" 81mm are not made for holeshots, Check your slip on your SC as well check and recheck for boost leaks..No doubt you shoud eat that ski's lunch
    +1.. Also wats ur rpm and top speed??

Thanks guys, as for the ring it is the 83 right now and my RPM's are right at 7900 to 7950 at top end, Also my shorty water box arrived this morning so I am gonna install that as well...

+1
    Your off about 150 RPMs...

Banned User
    +1
    ummmmmmmmmmmm.......looking at your signature, what IC are you running? What Riva Air intake?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information