Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Poor Results Today !! Wtf

I finally went out today for some testing, and came back home disappointed. I got a HI Temp Alarm, lots of cavitation, and low RPMS. Since my last time out. I have added

RIVA ECU 8500
    RIVA valvetrain upgrade
    RIVA 50 #injectors
    RIVA rear air
    RUDE Charger
    Gibson Exhaust

I currently have a full stage III along with the RUDE charger, Gibson exhaust, 82mm nozzle ring and an untouched 15/20 R. I only saw 8200-8300 Rpm , then the HI temp came on. I went home and took the Jpipe off to discover the pissers were being blocked off. I ent ahead and fixed the problem. I guess I will test again tomorrow to see if the hi temp goes away. I dont know what to do about my RPMS and the cavitaion. I need to dial this thing in. !!!!!

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    I finally went out today for some testing, and came back home disappointed. I got a HI Temp Alarm, lots of cavitation, and low RPMS. Since my last time out. I have added

RIVA ECU 8500
    RIVA valvetrain upgrade
    RIVA 50 #injectors
    RIVA rear air
    RUDE Charger
    Gibson Exhaust

I currently have a full stage III along with the RUDE charger, Gibson exhaust, 82mm nozzle ring and an untouched 15/20 R. I only saw 8200-8300 Rpm , then the HI temp came on. I went home and took the Jpipe off to discover the pissers were being blocked off. I ent ahead and fixed the problem. I guess I will test again tomorrow to see if the hi temp goes away. I dont know what to do about my RPMS and the cavitaion. I need to dial this thing in. !!!!!
    Brother man..It takes time to get it right, pour over the details.. I'd bet you got a boost leak or your SC is slipping.. Pull your SC back off and check the slip..Very easy-- Hold the gear with the proper tool or my redneck way(put a small towel over the gear and grab with channel locks)and put the torque wrench on the clutch side bolt.. Start at about 7 pounds and work your way up, anything under 9 Lbs could use a shim.. My brand new Rude slipped at 8 pounds and PBJ's with 25 hours slipped at 7 Pounds I know it does'nt make since but my RPM's where the same as yours with a much bigger SC(8200 RPM's with 68-140)
    The pissers being blocked will cause high RPM water restriction and the stupid alarm that goes with it Remove one of the top clamps on your J-pipe to water box connection, 2 clamps is overkill and a common cause for Exhaust alarms is the bottom clamp slipping down and pinching the pissers

If you need help,I'll be home from Texas soon and i'll help you get it right.

Alex

Yeah, check the slip on the charger...Alex and I learned that the hard way last weekend...

If you remove the restrictive screen on the riva rear air....
    PRESTO, 100rpms!!!

If your running the stock carbon ring, i dont think its up to the job. Your mods are producing alot more hp, its time to upgrade to an aftermarket driveshaft seal to take away most of the cavitation out ofthe hole. guessing thats where your getting it. A new wear ring will help as well.

RIVA ECU 8500
    RIVA valvetrain upgrade
    RIVA 50 #injectors
    RIVA rear air
    RUDE Charger
    Gibson Exhaust

Fix the exhaust first and make sure that there is nothing in your pump.
    Your charger is fine slip is 14 lbs.

Thanks guys. As for the SC slip, Frank Had just checked the slip and like he mentioned is at 14 lbs. I am going out again today to make sure i got rid of the Hi Temp Alarm. As for a boost leak ? I dont have a gauge yet.

Lets say I do have a leak, how do I know where to pin point it out ???

Banned User
    Thanks guys. As for the SC slip, Frank Had just checked the slip and like he mentioned is at 14 lbs. I am going out again today to make sure i got rid of the Hi Temp Alarm. As for a boost leak ? I dont have a gauge yet.

Lets say I do have a leak, how do I know where to pin point it out ???
    If Frank says your SC is right, it's right.. You can use soap and water then look for bubbles or you can check everything by hand, which is the way I usually do it.. Go back over everything. It's real easy to overlook something when your real exicited about getting it completed.

Good luck

yea, since the last time I did everything a also installed the new RIVA metal IC pipes, new coupliings, And a new 4tec IC blockoff with fitting. Im also running a blockoff for the BOV. Would I be able to check on the hose ??

Banned User
    yea, since the last time I did everything a also installed the new RIVA metal IC pipes, new coupliings, And a new 4tec IC blockoff with fitting. Im also running a blockoff for the BOV. Would I be able to check on the hose ??
    Si, amigo.. Did you silicone the IC block off? Check the couplings, they tend to roll over and will let all your boost out. Make sure your riva IC pipes are all the way in and your IC is far foward as it can go. What I do is leave them all losse till I feel they are correct then tighten down with a socket not a screw driver( you can get it tighter)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information