Intake Grate Question

Right then lads....

I have a STOCK 2004 RXP that was Radar Gunned last year at 71.3 mph. I don't know what intake grate was on it then, either an R&D Scoop or OEM.

My question is for a flat lake which is the best? R&D scoop or OEM for a straight line top speed?

I race an XPL and the OEM grate is better than a scoop grate, on the lake. So which is it to be for my RXP??

I will be Radar Gunned in a weeks time!

Thanks for your advice, I'll let you know how I get on!

+1
    The Riva grate works well in these type of conditions...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    The Riva grate works well in these type of conditions...
    Cheers for that. I know it works well I raced it last weekend but surely it acts a bit like a parachute and drags a 'tiny' bit more compared to the OEM on a flat lake?

There's money involved in this Radar Run................

+1
    Since you have a OEM one and a Riva I personally would hit the lake,river or whatever waterway you run on..Take both grates and do back to back tests.Thats the only way you will know which one is faster with your applications and conditions..

..Get a GPS..Thats the only accurate way your gonna tell unless you have a radar gun..

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Since you have a OEM one and a Riva I personally would hit the lake,river or whatever waterway you run on..Take both grates and do back to back tests.Thats the only way you will know which one is faster with your applications and conditions..

..Get a GPS..Thats the only accurate way your gonna tell unless you have a radar gun..
    Got GPS (Info'.... In the U.K. our car speedos have to by law, to be within 10% at 30 and 70 mph and that makes every car I have ever had, wrong compared to the GPS.... GPS works it out in straight lines, and I've yet to find a straight road long enough to fully compare! Try it with your GPS and speedo in your car!) but have no lake time until the Radar Run.

Has anyone any data/proof that a scoop grate is better or worse than an OEM grate for higher top speed on a flat lake?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by diver2694 View Post
    Got GPS (Info'.... In the U.K. our car speedos have to by law, to be within 10% at 30 and 70 mph and that makes every car I have ever had, wrong compared to the GPS.... GPS works it out in straight lines, and I've yet to find a straight road long enough to fully compare! Try it with your GPS and speedo in your car!) but have no lake time until the Radar Run.

Has anyone any data/proof that a scoop grate is better or worse than an OEM grate for higher top speed on a flat lake?
    the oem grate will be the fastest on a still lake cos it has no fins to pull you down to keep you hooked up, years ago when i used to ride standups we had an identical pair, one morning it was flat calm like a millpond, i removed the scoopgrate off the one i was on cos we were drag racing, it won all the time, there was no restriction of water to the pump, but only do this as a 1 off as the grate was designed to stop debries entering the pump, but if your carefull take it off for the dragrace, regards bill

Thread Information