Thread: How to; car oil change
09-17-2008, 11:34 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Lake Havasu
How to; car oil change
Oil Change instructions forWomen:1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 300 miles since last oil change
2) Drink a cup of coffee
3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.
Oil Change: $20.00
Oil Change instructions for Men :
1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for $50.00.
2) Stop by 7/11 and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20, drive home.
3) Open a beer and drink it.
4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
7) Place drain pan under engine.
8 Look for 9/16 box end wrench.
9) Give up and use crescent wrench.
10) Unscrew drain plug.
11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on you in process. Cuss.
12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms. Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.
13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.
14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.
15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and twist off.
16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.
17) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface.
18 Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
19) Remember drain plug from step 11.
20) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
21) Drink beer.
22) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.
23) Get drain plug back in with only a minor spill. Drink beer.
24) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame removing any excess skin between knuckles and frame.
25) Begin cussing fit.
26) Throw stupid crescent wrench.
27) Cuss for additional 5 minutes because wrench hit bowling trophy.
29) Clean up hands and bandage as required to stop blood flow.
31) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.
33) Lower car from jack stands.
34) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during any missed steps.
36) Test drive car.
37) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.
3 8 Car gets impounded.
39) Call loving wife, make bail.
40) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.
Impound fee: $75.00
Total: $ 4,145.00
But you know the job was done right!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Sunfunzoom in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 277Last Post: 04-18-2016, 10:37 PM
By Muddinking in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-06-2009, 07:03 PM
By holdnon72 in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-31-2007, 03:06 AM
By vidbuster in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 03-15-2007, 09:48 PM
By The Bandit in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 24Last Post: 09-24-2006, 09:41 AM