Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

15f low fuel buzzer goin off..how much fuel ??

when the buzzer goes off, i thought i would only have 1-2 gallons remainin'....yesterday when i was in the john taking a dump i had a chance to thumb thru the owners manual and it says 4.? something gallons remaining when buzzer hits.....its gotta be true then.

i am getting 67 + when the buzzer first goes off, just wanted to see if i can squeeze another .5-1mph on maybe 1 gal of gas ?

i previously inadvertantly posted this in the kawi "project" section.

skips you can delete that older thread if u want - thx.

yes is closer to 5 gal when the buzzer starts. i've ridden 20 min jumping waves with the buzzer on and i still got back

+1
    damn no wonder my ski is a pig lol

how do u shut the buzzer off when it starts, u hit mode button once right ?

yea, but when i was pulling the black cover off the bars to put on the umi bars i accidentally smashed the buzzer so the buzzer doesnt work and i just tucked it inside the hull. the light flashes but no buzz. its really nice!

My advice, smash or cut off the buzzer

+1
    i put the stxr neck on and the buzzer is tucked under the cowl/steering area

I bought a fuel sender on Ebay and modded it to drop within 1/4" of the tank bottom. I still have about 2 gallons left at the buzzer when no bars are blinking. When I add 6 gallons, the meter reads 3/4 of a tank. Acceleration is incredible on the "new" buzzer. Speeds have been consistant all summer. About 3 weeks ago in semi-humid warm temps I supermaned a 67.7 gps at 7435 rpm. Another guy on the lake borrowed the gps and only did 66.6 with his stock 04 rxp. He declined a race invitation. Once the cooler dry air arrives, my rpms and speeds will increase. I hope to break 69 but who knows. Last year difference between summer and fall weather was about 1.6 gps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowski View Post
    I bought a fuel sender on Ebay and modded it to drop within 1/4" of the tank bottom. I still have about 2 gallons left at the buzzer when no bars are blinking. When I add 6 gallons, the meter reads 3/4 of a tank. Acceleration is incredible on the "new" buzzer. Speeds have been consistant all summer. About 3 weeks ago in semi-humid warm temps I supermaned a 67.7 gps at 7435 rpm. Another guy on the lake borrowed the gps and only did 66.6 with his stock 04 rxp. He declined a race invitation. Once the cooler dry air arrives, my rpms and speeds will increase. I hope to break 69 but who knows. Last year difference between summer and fall weather was about 1.6 gps.

Just so I understand you clearly, are you saying that the only modification you did to your ski was change the buzzer, and you were able to get a gain of 6mph?

+1
    well ran it on thursday in the miami heat and best i got was 66.6 after about 10 runs on the spec 1 prop and i dont think she is gonna pull anymore with this prop.

buzzer went off and i was still doing wot runs for about 1/2 hr.....i ran that b*tch on empty fo sho'

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
    Just so I understand you clearly, are you saying that the only modification you did to your ski was change the buzzer, and you were able to get a gain of 6mph?
    no that's not what he's saying...

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
    Sorry, the fuel sender mod was one of many mods to get the ski into the 67's

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information