Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

SHO Intercooler Cooling Kit....Available??

SHO Intercooler Cooling Kit

The R&D Yamaha SHO Intercooler Temperature Control system was developed to offer an inexpensive complete bolt on kit that will allow the full performance and cooling potential the O.E.M. intercooler has to offer for recreational applications. Intercooler core water temperatures have a range of affect on the supercharged air temperatures that enter into the engine. The Yamaha SHO Intercooler operates on a single low pressure (10 P.S.I.) line of lake temperature water to cool the intercooler. R&D has found that by adding an additional intercooler water in line, and adding an additional water out line and bypass fitting, there will be double the water flow volume at 20 P.S.I. Reduced intercooler core temperatures can add a noticeable increase in low end and midrange power along with reduced detonation. R&D offers a range of machined flow control fittings to allow water volume control tuning for intercooler temperature adjustments for warm lake water and extreme hot air conditions. R&D also offers a pressure relief blowoff valve kit for high water volume flow rates on higher boost Stage 1 and up engine kits. The R&D Kit will allow temperature tuning that will deliver surprising results. Unlock hidden performance and power potential in the OEM stock intercooler or aftermarket intercooler system by reducing intercooler core temperatures.

• More horsepower with cooler intake air temperatures
    • Increased acceleration and mid range performance
    • Reduces detonation in hot weather conditions
    • Temperature control tuneability
    • An inexpensive recreational performance addition
    • Pressure relief valve Options
    • Easy installation instructions

Pt. # 660-18000

Is this kit available yet in the online store?

+1
    I asked Jerry about it a couple weeks back, and he said not yet. I want one too, but I've decided to wait and see what Riva comes out with for a BOV, and then do the cooling kit, BOV and manifold upgrade at the same time.

+1
    It will help very little. < than 1 mph

i was looking at getting one of these kits also and was told by a friend that there were methanol injection kits available. i talked to the guy that sells them on e-bay and gave him the specs on my sho and he said that with 1800cc's, low boost, and fact that it runs on 87 octane that i should see a 25-30 hp gain. i read some threads on the 2-stroke side where people were using them, anyone know if theres a down side to using them on a 4-stroke? this sounds like easy hp.

jawz is correct-it is a waiste of $$$ dont believe everything that the online store tell my friend

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    It will help very little. < than 1 mph

Quote Originally Posted by SHOTIME View Post
    i was looking at getting one of these kits also and was told by a friend that there were methanol injection kits available. i talked to the guy that sells them on e-bay and gave him the specs on my sho and he said that with 1800cc's, low boost, and fact that it runs on 87 octane that i should see a 25-30 hp gain. i read some threads on the 2-stroke side where people were using them, anyone know if theres a down side to using them on a 4-stroke? this sounds like easy hp.
    A meth kit one one of these would be a coplete waste of time and money. you would get about 2 good passes and be empty, and without being able to advance the timing you wont see much if any hp increase. A bigger intercooler is a much better purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    A meth kit one one of these would be a coplete waste of time and money. you would get about 2 good passes and be empty, and without being able to advance the timing you wont see much if any hp increase. A bigger intercooler is a much better purchase.

thanks hardcore. at what point would the meth inj. be useful, if at all?

Banned User
    +1
    Its so nice to see that Jawz did a complete test on his SHO to come to this conclusion. Why are you in the Yamaha section doing drive by's again??

The ad doesn't say anything about increasing top speed, only improved low and mid range.....So, I guess if your looking for more top speed, look elsewhere. I like the idea of cooling the air charge a bit more, and I think if the air temp outside is really hot, it would help. I'm thinking that this could possibly save on gas. If the air charge is colder-more dense, the ECU will give the injectors less gas.......just thinking out loud.

Anyways....thank you so much Jawz for helping the Yamaha people make informed decisions based on your testing or R&D products.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    +1, a bigger intercooler is what's needed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information