Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo Water Ballast confusion

I am looking into getting the ballast system for my RXT and when you look at the discription on seadoo.com it says this.

System Includes: large, non-skid surface with integral board support and footrests, board rack with room for an additional rack as an option, electric VTS for enhanced performance, quick tank fill (In just over 2 minutes) and quick connect feature for easy tank removal when not in use.

So my question are this:
    1. It says it has room for an additional rack, so I Take this to be there is a rack integrated/included with the purchase of the ballast system, Right or wrong?

2. Same thing with VTS it says electric VTS is included but I have a hard time believing everything needed for VTS would be included for $400 dollars.

3. For someone who has one, how does the quick fill tank work? Does it require installation? or simply plug and play type set up?

4. Finally, would a ballast system be pointless without the ski pylon?

Thanks in advance
    david

I am also wondering if VTS is included in the ballast package.

I think that aritcle is refering to the Wake Ed 215 ski, that comes standard with "1" board rack/ ballast system/ Elec. VTS.

Also you'll need to look into how the plumbing is hooked up so it can fill the tanks, Im thinking that I checked it out and it was tapped into the pump. . . but I dont remember 100%.

And if don't have it already, get a board rack, if you do any amount of riding you'll love it.

Jay

Any Idea where you found information on it? I have been looking for days now with no luck, as far as I have found no one even has it except Seadoo.com........ I am about to order one and I was just trying to find out as much info as I can before hand. Do you think the ballast includes a rack? or no?
    david

SeaDoo dealer will have the best info, and you can look at the system and put it onto the back of a new RXT in the showroom.

You can order the system thru your dealer, or Jerry-online store, riva anywhere that sells OEM parts, all you need is the part # and $$$. Also there was one on ebay a few weeks ago, it sold cheap too. . .

Im almost positive the ballast system is just that, with no board rack.

Jay

I saw it on the Sea-Doo website as well as in the brochure that came out this spring. Both places indicated that it includes VTS. I am trying to verify this, my dealer hasn't been much help. I don't know about the board racks. I have a Wake Edition so it already has two board racks.

Ok I just looked it up on SD site, and from the write-up it does say it comes with VTS and a board rack, but that has to be a typo and info they copied over from the 08 Wake 215 specs. . . I mean a board rack is $160 and by peicing the VTS together its over $300, so then they'll sell all of that together with the actual ballast system for $400

But if somehow it is true, thats an insane deal. . .

Someone needs to contact BRP because somethings not right.

Jay

It sounds like the same thing I ran into with the GM Employee Price Sale. I found the '09 Cobalt SS with 260-hp and 5-speed with a list price of $23500 and Employee price of $14500. I called a local dealer, who prompty called GM. About 3 hours later the price changed to $21500. Obviously, no one checked the site before it was uploaded... Ron

The dealer is not open on mondays so I am going to go by tommorow and find out (That is if they know more than what they can read out of a book). I'll let yall know tho, Hopefully it includes everything that would be amazing.

david

"The dealer is not open on mondays so I am going to go by tommorow and find out (That is if they know more than what they can read out of a book). I'll let yall know tho, Hopefully it includes everything that would be amazing."

david[/quote]

Found this on the net, it doesn't come with the VTS
    http://www.thejetworks.co.uk/ballasttank.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information