New SHO 2 questions

I have just picked up my new SHO and have 2 questions. Q1 I bought some Lanox to spray over the motor after cleaning, are you supposed to take the motor cover off before spraying or do you just spray around it? Q2 When I store it in the garage I will leave the cover and seats off to air it out, but half the time it will be left on a specially made floating pontoon out on the water therefore the cover will have to be left on has anyone got any ideas on making up a frame under the cover to air it out so I can leave the seats out?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by plakes View Post
    I have just picked up my new SHO and have 2 questions. Q1 I bought some Lanox to spray over the motor after cleaning, are you supposed to take the motor cover off before spraying or do you just spray around it? Q2 When I store it in the garage I will leave the cover and seats off to air it out, but half the time it will be left on a specially made floating pontoon out on the water therefore the cover will have to be left on has anyone got any ideas on making up a frame under the cover to air it out so I can leave the seats out?

Welcome to the Yammi site and congrats on a wise choice for ski!

When spraying the engine take the cover off-do it right! Others have had some oxidation and salt corrosion even with the cover on so it goes to show that you need that area sprayed also.

Cheapest way to let the cover and inside vent is to stuff some towels etc. on each side and rear to open a pocket up for venting..Sounds like a lot of trouble doing a frame unless you glue some pvc together and make a bowed arch and add venting of some sort. Is your cover the one that has the vacuum tube on it? Lanox? Are you in Oz?

Thankyou very much for your help Flash. Yes I am from Melbourne Oz. My cover is the one with elastic all around it has two downward pointing vents on both sides. I wont be making a frame all I need to do is take the back seat out and the back handle grip supports the cover.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Welcome to the Yammi site and congrats on a wise choice for ski!

When spraying the engine take the cover off-do it right! Others have had some oxidation and salt corrosion even with the cover on so it goes to show that you need that area sprayed also.

Cheapest way to let the cover and inside vent is to stuff some towels etc. on each side and rear to open a pocket up for venting..Sounds like a lot of trouble doing a frame unless you glue some pvc together and make a bowed arch and add venting of some sort. Is your cover the one that has the vacuum tube on it? Lanox? Are you in Oz?
    Congrats on the ski. Welcome to the SHO family. Everybody has their favorite engine spray. I use Yami's lub and protectant and the top cover comes off.

And I literally do what "Flash" does when I cover my ski. Don't buy the cheap covers. The Yami covers are more money, but they are vented. Before I cover, I prop up seats and compartments with rags. Never had a problem in the south florida 1548% humidity.

Thanks SHOdude I do have the good Yami cover, so you prefer to prop the seats up with rags rather than removing the back smaller seat?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by plakes View Post
    Thanks SHOdude I do have the good Yami cover, so you prefer to prop the seats up with rags rather than removing the back smaller seat?
    Honestly, I just got my SHO last weekend, so I haven't tried the cover yet. I would have to see if it fits tight with or without the back seat. You don't want water "pooling" on the cover after it rains, which may happen without the back seat.

One thing I will do is pull the storage box under the back seat for more air circulation in the engine compartment.

Thread Information