Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can anyone ID these Mikuni Carbs

These Carbs are on my xp 720 that I just picked up. I Removed them to paint the motor. They are on a rossier manifold. They have no choke plates (not sure if they came w/ any) and say mikuni corp on the side. I just want to know what size and model carbs they are in case they ever need a rebuild in the future. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0017.JPG 
Views:	277 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	94846   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0020.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	94847  

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Take a pic of the sides of the carbs where it says Mikuni, then take off the flame arrestors and shoot the throat. Need to see the atomizer too...

pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0039.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	94931   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0042.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	94932  

Anyone have a clue?, or know where I can find out?

if you want a rebuild kit just buy a mikuni SBN kit and buy push in mikuni needle/seat.

looking at you op fa's i'd say they are 44's. not sure what the heck you got going on there, looks like spigot mount carbs that someone put a mid jet in, kinda like a boswell carb.

good luck with those!!

Mikuni 44's w/ Shaft to Shaft linkage.

If they are jetted correctly they really wake up the 717 engine.

PS: On the 717 it is really important to properly support those Carbs with a Bracket which fits up to the Carbs (4) Bolt mounts and Water Jacket Cover. Too much weight + vibration will almost always crack the upper RValve Cover mounting ears which are actually part of the upper Cases halve. If you dont have a brace for that set up I have one which was custom made (water jet cut) out of 3/16" Stainless Steel plate. I'll sell it since I no longer have the Carbs. and it is only for the Mik. 44's but it wont be cheap...... e-mail me for pix.....

David
    Last edited by David_HX_RXP; 09-20-2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: x tra info

Just like David said, listen to him, he is the 717 master. Also get rid of those Ocean Pros, they are way too heavy and will also contribute to the cracking of the ears, (ask me how I know). If you really want to scream install another pulse line and dual fuel pick-ups.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by ohell View Post
    if you want a rebuild kit just buy a mikuni SBN kit and buy push in mikuni needle/seat.

looking at you op fa's i'd say they are 44's. not sure what the heck you got going on there, looks like spigot mount carbs that someone put a mid jet in, kinda like a boswell carb.

good luck with those!!
    If they have a mid jet then they are probably SRE carbs...great ones to have. I have a set of 46's. SRE stands for Scott Randall Engineering, he did a lot of tuning for racers in the 90's.

Ok guys thanks alot for the help. Can anyone explain to me where you guys see the mid jet. I really don't understand carbs well enough to know where to look for it.
    Also, thanks for the heads up about the ears on the case- I thought I was safe w/ the rossier manifold (thought it was the R/V cover that would crack).

Lastly, the guy I bought the ski from has dropped off the face of the earth, and hasn't sent me my regi, so I guess I'm gonna part this thing out.

I might sell the carbs if they are worth selling. If I can't get much for them, I'll keep them for a future project. Anyone know what they are worth w/ rossier manifold, and OP f/a's?

what did you take them off of?? you have an extra line one end looks like it has a jet or something in it at cut end & the other end runs into carb body just to mid of diaphragm cover.
    if i remember correctly that was the same set up boswell carbs were back in the day as a mid jet. several people tried a mid jet but IMO all were hard to work with unless you ran a really hot set up that could use the fuel.

there was a point in time when just about anyone was trying to improve mikuni carbs. novi, jet world and sre still live and all the rest are gone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information