Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Tubing cracking on RXP canopy... anyone else?

    Very strange.. I have an 06 RXP with only 25 hrs on it which remains covered when not in use.. suddenly last week i noticed that the plastic tubing (decorative) that runs along the top of the canopy had spider-cracks in it. I [literally] tapped it and it cracked and broke apart. Later the same day I accidentally leaned on the other side and cracked it as well. I have to assume that sunlight made it brittle... but after only 2 years, thats pretty bad.

    This happened to anyone else?
    Cheap plastics are nothing new to seadoos... the old XP pastics used to come apart at the handlebars and etc. The RXP seemed to me to be so much better in terms of its overall integrity..

    im disappointed. I dont know how much it will be from the dealer to replace the parts but i wont be surprised if its 30/40 dollars each.


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Very strange.. I have an 06 RXP with only 25 hrs on it which remains covered when not in use.. suddenly last week i noticed that the plastic tubing (decorative) that runs along the top of the canopy had spider-cracks in it. I [literally] tapped it and it cracked and broke apart. Later the same day I accidentally leaned on the other side and cracked it as well. I have to assume that sunlight made it brittle... but after only 2 years, thats pretty bad.

    This happened to anyone else?
    Cheap plastics are nothing new to seadoos... the old XP pastics used to come apart at the handlebars and etc. The RXP seemed to me to be so much better in terms of its overall integrity..

    im disappointed. I dont know how much it will be from the dealer to replace the parts but i wont be surprised if its 30/40 dollars each.

    It happens to some, no biggie...

    Take whats left, go to Home Depot, match it up to some sump pump (or equivilant) black hose...Like 10 feet for $8...thats what a majority of us have done to replace and/or dress up the look...

  3. #3
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post

    agreed. it compliments the look of those handlebars as well.

    i think im just most disappointed at the quality here. I had an 01 xp and a 98 gsx before that and the plastics came apart around the handlebars and etc. The hardware stripped when i tried to repair/replace the warped peices. When i got my RXP a couple of years ago, I really felt like they had put together a better ski. Seeing this happen after only 2 years was a little disheartening... it reminds me of all those old headaches

    you know?

  5. #5
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    agreed. it compliments the look of those handlebars as well.

    i think im just most disappointed at the quality here. I had an 01 xp and a 98 gsx before that and the plastics came apart around the handlebars and etc. The hardware stripped when i tried to repair/replace the warped peices. When i got my RXP a couple of years ago, I really felt like they had put together a better ski. Seeing this happen after only 2 years was a little disheartening... it reminds me of all those old headaches

    you know?
    I hear ya... however my 05 RXP has 4 seasons on it & 140 hrs. My tubes are in great shape, not brittle at all! just removed one of them the other day The ski has always been garage kept, however when it's out... it's in the pounding Florida sun Does your sit in the sun while covered... if so I would guess thats your problem! It gets hot as hell under those covers!!!

  6. #6
    Hi bigdaddyRXP, when I was looking at the stainless braided hosing for the hood (it's hot) I noticed the carbon fibre trimming on the riva rxp ski. Do you know where I can get that part?

  7. #7
    Small Craft Advisory Taylor215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Coconut Creek Florida
    Posts
    456
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Here is a sweeter replacement

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=687

  8. #8
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor215 View Post
    Yep! $10 cheaper

  9. #9
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    Even Better Some Vent Tubing From An Old Gsx, All Seadoo Does It Cut The Ends Off And Uses It For The Black Tubing...i Found Some Used In Good Shape At My Local Dealer, 10 Bucks Did Two Skis Worth

  10. #10
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPEAKN View Post
    Hi bigdaddyRXP, when I was looking at the stainless braided hosing for the hood (it's hot) I noticed the carbon fibre trimming on the riva rxp ski. Do you know where I can get that part?
    Not sure I would think it's a riva part... however I don't see it on their site

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 07:50 PM
  2. Tunnel cracks on RXP?
    By Speed_Freak_039A in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 05:31 PM
  3. Anyone installed a R&D Grate Girdle Kit on RXP?
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 07:32 PM
  4. Anyone installed a BOOST gauge on RXP???
    By sr71bb in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 11:44 AM
  5. Anyone else notice this on their RXP?
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 11:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •