Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Was there such a thing as a 1997 XP Limited?

I've found an ad locally for a 1997 XP Limited with a blown engine. He's open to offers on the ski. Anyway, according to this link there was no XP Limited in '97: http://www.angelfire.com/oh/theboatguy/fueleconomy.html

Since I don't know much about Sea Doos, can someone fill me in on the facts here. Thanks!

Danny

+1
    There was an XP but not XP Limited (same body style). The limited is model year 98+ and has a 951.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    There was an XP but not XP Limited (same body style). The limited is model year 98+ and has a 951.
    That's what I thought. Thank you.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Not to be at all contradictory, but where were the 97.5 white motors distributed? 98 year model ski? I really don't know

This one I know. The 97 XP had an 800 carb motor, ran good bc it was light but no speed.
    The 98 XP Limited had the 951 carbed. There were 5+ of us that had them in 98. It ran 60-61 mph stock. The 99 was the same ski with a little more restrictive air intake bc the 98 took water in the carbs alot- bad for engine, most blew and got rebuilt under warranty.
    My buddy still has my 98 and it runs 64+, a real fun ski.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    Not to be at all contradictory, but where were the 97.5 white motors distributed? 98 year model ski? I really don't know
    In GSXL hulls only, as a 97.5 model. The hulls were a different color scheme too, red bottom with a silver/gray top. In 97 the 800 GSX hulls were red bottomed and white top. In 98 they were all red with that ugly azz purple seat...

Just a FYI...the hyperbolic (XPL), hull was never intended for the 800 engine. They didn't get the bugs out of the 951 in time to install it in 97 XP. Hence the complete redesign in the silver 951 engines in 98.

Master of the Dooniverse
    I call every "newer style" shock XP by the name XP limited. it's just easier. IMO, the 97 XP Limited had an 800 engine. it's easier to distinguish based on hull type, since that's what peopel most often want to know when they ask "what kind of XP"....."oh, glad you asked...why, that's that there XP Limited hull" lol.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    In GSXL hulls only, as a 97.5 model. The hulls were a different color scheme too, red bottom with a silver/gray top. In 97 the 800 GSX hulls were red bottomed and white top. In 98 they were all red with that ugly azz purple seat...

Just a FYI...the hyperbolic (XPL), hull was never intended for the 800 engine. They didn't get the bugs out of the 951 in time to install it in 97 XP. Hence the complete redesign in the silver 951 engines in 98.
    Cool, I was wondering where those engines came from. So does that mean the 97 XPs came with the 155 pump? "nevermind saw the answer in another thread"

+1
    Awesome site for all your Seadoo model references!

http://www.seadoosource.com/seadoomodelreference.html

+1
    Someone locally has one for sale with a blown engine. Now he says that it is a 1998 .

I've always wanted an XP and he's asking less than a grand for his ski. I don't know anything about Sea Doos but I am 100% mechanically inclined and I do all of my own repair work; cars, boats, jet skis, appliances....you get the picture.

I know SBT sells rebuilt engines but I'm just not sure that it would be worth it in the end with all the money that I'd have tied up in this 10 yr old machine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information