09-18-2008, 12:04 PM #1
DJSA Race-11 Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Vallejo - Sat Sept 27th 2008
Want to know who's working their way into the top 10 slots of the Standup and Sitdown divisions in the DJSA 2008 14 race point series?
Join us at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo
to find out!
Saturday, Sept 27th, 2008
Race 11 will be back at the home of the Norcal Socal Shootout, but we'll be watching a different kind of shootout at this one!
7 to 930 - reg, tech, launching
930 to 1000 - standup practice
1000-1030 - Sitdown practice
1045 - Mandatory Riders Meeting at the racers boathouse
11 to 1230 - 1st heats
1230 to 1 - SKI CLINIC FREESTYLE
1 to 230 - 2nd heats
230 to 3 - SKI CLINIC FREESTYLE
3 to 430 - 3rd heats
430 to 5 - SKI CLINIC FREESTYLE
530 - awards on the beach
Sport 650 Standup
Sprint 750 Standup
Super 800 novice Standup
FAST stand (4 stroke and super talent pro/am)
* * * * * * *
Sport Sit 900
Sprint Sit 1000 - 1200 open with 1300 na
Supersit 1300 novice
SCXP Supersit (supercharged / xtra power) pro / am
Each class runs 3 heats
3 exhibition freestyle shows by
TEAM SKI CLINIC
Awards presentation after the last race of the day
All racers MUST HAVE proof of current medical insurance.
All skis must have legible race numbers for scoring.
All racers must be 18 years of age.
One ski length safe rule is always in effect.
No alcohol until the end of the day.
$45 awa members
$55 non awa members
* Racer and 1 crew member access the park for free.
* Additional park passes for family and friends are at the same $21.50
discount rate as before.
* Ticket price will remain the same for the 3 remaining races at Six Flags
* When using the Six Flags website to purchase tickets - use the promo
* The Courtyard Marriott is offering DJSA racers room rates at $99 for the next 3 Vallejo races. (707) 644-1200
Any questions please call me...
09-18-2008, 09:48 PM #2
Wish we could be with all at Six Flags. It's our last practice at SSVR before WF.
Good Luck to all. Especially Team Salt Springs/Yeah Baby Racing.
Have fun and be safe.
Mark and Debi
09-19-2008, 06:41 PM #3
Same track...?? Gates are open earlier right...
09-21-2008, 01:05 PM #4
Different course - .95 miles with a couple nice straights and plenty of "technical" areas. Similar start winding around into a split which merges right before the grandstands (which should get some people on the edge of their seats) Majority of the course is in direct view of the spectators.
Shorter course = more laps per heat.
All classes will run 3 heats.
Gates open at 7 but if everyone takes advantage of the online registration (now listed on the djsa site) things will go much more quickly at the start and end of the day.
I'm waiting for the final word from the city but depending on number of entries, we should be able to launch from Dan Foley Park at the same time we are launching from the Six Flags ramp.
Final info will be posted by tuesday.
09-21-2008, 11:47 PM #5
I like the Track split they are always nice ...
I will be there with one more sit and a stand up rider..
So 3 from Redding.....
09-24-2008, 10:26 AM #6
Can we bring Easy Ups? Last time was a little brutal sitting in the sun all day. Are we still meeting in the entrance to Six Flags again or are we launching from the park across the lake?
09-24-2008, 02:43 PM #7
Ryan, (and the rest of the gang)
My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
Heres 5 words for you... "I'm sicker than a dog"
I don't know what I caught, but my head and chest feels like its ready to explode. Feels like a class 8 category of allergies - but aren't we past that season? Maybe I just need more coffee. Anyway, I'm hanging and we'll try and get through this and then I'll get a few days to kick back.
For the most part - the program will be the same as it was for the Shootout but with less entries, so things should run faster - and smoother.
The motorhome will be set up at the corner of Fairgrounds drive and the service road entrance to the park where you signed in last time.
To those who have sent in pre-entries - I SINCERELY THANK YOU! It makes things much easier for me, and it's nice having rosters made up in advance. If you haven't yet entered, please try and at least get the entry forms to me....
* Sign in at the motorhome. I will be there at 6am for early arrivals.
* Launching will start at 7am at the Six Flags ramp.
* Once you launch, trailer parking will be in the reserved lot where it was before.
* Racers can take in 2 cans of fuel, ski stands, pop ups, and ice chest with water or energy drinks. We can put several pop ups at the top of the bleachers where we did before, or you can set them up on the fueling barge.
* ALL fueling will take place on the barge like we did before.
* Unlike last time, Standups will beach on the west side of the start dock, sitdowns will beach on the east side unless you want to side tie to the barge (which I heard not too many people were fond of...)
* Racer and one crew member enters the park for free... anyone else will need to purchase a ticket. Easiest to do it online at the Six Flags site with the promo code "jetski". Discount rate is still $21.50
* Time is of the essence - please have your gear loaded on your trailer so that it is ready for a quick unload at the launch ramp. If we have 25 or 30 entries it should go pretty quick. If we get backed up at Six Flags, we may use the Dan Foley ramp for launching but as now I'd like to keep everything centralized.
* The course will already be set up. If all goes as planned, practice will start no later than 9am with racing scheduled to start at 11am.
* If anyone wants a room at the Marriott, they are still offering the Shootout rate of $99 for DJSA racers. Call 707-644-1200 and ask for Vanessa Jackson and tell her you're racing at Six Flags.
* At the end of the day, we will have the trophy presentation on the beach in front of the stands. Trailering will take place at Six Flags - and at Dan Foley Park. We will shuttle as much gear as possible over to the park side for you and I think because of less entries, this should go much smoother.
Because I'm "that kind of guy", I took a few of your comments into consideration and changed the course. The start will be a right hand turn, and the split will come directly at the spectators. Patrick and a few others who offered suggestions... much thanks. The main reason why DJSA works so well is because of racer input. We'll try this and see how it goes. We may even give the winner from one of the classes the opportunity of designing the course for the Nov 1st Six Flags race.
I will be on site most the day thursday, and then all day friday through saturday night. Call me if you have any questions.
ps - 2 words.... LETS RACE!
09-24-2008, 02:51 PM #8
Oops, forgot something.
For you strategy planners...
Its 1 mile around with 29 turns.
2 words.... BRING IT!!!
09-24-2008, 09:34 PM #9
09-24-2008, 10:16 PM #10
six flags #2
911 = no show816 = no showit looks like the super sprint class will be team dc and the shrocketman as long is elbows are better.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By TIOARI in forum NorCalReplies: 6Last Post: 11-01-2008, 07:26 PM
By TIOARI in forum NorCalReplies: 0Last Post: 10-12-2008, 03:28 AM
By TIOARI in forum NorCalReplies: 6Last Post: 09-12-2008, 06:15 PM
By TIOARI in forum NorCalReplies: 39Last Post: 09-09-2008, 12:44 AM
By TIOARI in forum Race Events and NewsReplies: 40Last Post: 09-05-2008, 10:35 AM