Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2008 GP1300R delay in the full power deleivery

Hi,

i have a new gp1300r, when i give it full throttle it moves slow for about 10-15 meters then it moves fast like a turbo opens.

is that normal, my ski is brand new.

i have installed impeller 14/20 and intake grate from riva, and i took it to try the ski, it become worse than before,

tomorrow am going to install the rest of stage 1 and try i hope it will be better.

but if not, what to do to make the ski deleiver the full power for the holeshot.

thans

I don't know what is wrong but it ain't normal!!!

That pitch prop is too tall for your stock motor you need to go with an aftermarket head to bump up your compression or have your stock head milled to turn that 14/20. If you do not want to do that your best bet is to go back with the stock prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vette96 View Post
    Hi,

i have a new gp1300r, when i give it full throttle it moves slow for about 10-15 meters then it moves fast like a turbo opens.

is that normal, my ski is brand new.

i have installed impeller 14/20 and intake grate from riva, and i took it to try the ski, it become worse than before,

tomorrow am going to install the rest of stage 1 and try i hope it will be better.

but if not, what to do to make the ski deleiver the full power for the holeshot.

thans
    STOP ..before you install any more parts

swap back over to the stock prop and try it,if its gone then as others will say your over proped..if its still there find the problem before you throw more stuff on

+1
    jetworks
    jetworks
    jetworks

Waterbox is full of water!

Slow out of the hole.

I have an 08gpr & I would say mine was slow out of the hole too. Sounds normal to me.

1 Put the stock prop back on.
    2 Adjust the throttle cable for WOT.
    3 Cut hood trim for more air.
    4 Retest using a tach & GPS. If it's better install the rest of your parts but not the prop. Wait untill you have more power to install the prop or have it tweeked for a little less pitch.
    5 Be sure to seal the pump shoe.
    6 The jetworks mod will help the holeshot but you have to drill holes in your pipe & viod the warranty. (You did say it was new). The jetworks mod dries the waterbox out at low rpm. I can feel the power come on as the sound of the exhaust changes (water leaving box) on a stock GPR.

Whats your goal? Top speed, holeshot or all around performane?

Quote Originally Posted by yami_rida#26 View Post
    That pitch prop is too tall for your stock motor you need to go with an aftermarket head to bump up your compression or have your stock head milled to turn that 14/20. If you do not want to do that your best bet is to go back with the stock prop.
    +1, DON'T KNOW WHY RIVA KEEPS TELLING PEOPLE THESE STOCK GPR'S CAN TURN THIS PROP??

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    +1, DON'T KNOW WHY RIVA KEEPS TELLING PEOPLE THESE STOCK GPR'S CAN TURN THIS PROP??
    I also hear that some do and some can`t, guess it has to do with area/locale, sea level and temps... But I agree with that statement! +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I also hear that some do and some can`t, guess it has to do with area/locale, sea level and temps... But I agree with that statement! +1

PR,i think its another reason

my 05 died with the 14/20 and i am sea leval and its real cold in the uk so heat did not play a part..

i have only heard of one pulling it from stock and that was ink's gpr so im with you PR and would love to know..

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    PR,i think its another reason

my 05 died with the 14/20 and i am sea leval and its real cold in the uk so heat did not play a part..

i have only heard of one pulling it from stock and that was ink's gpr so im with you PR and would love to know..
    I think I`m going to try the de-pitched version of the 14\20...
    I can`t really go mazzo with the mods, would like to do simple air filter kit, maybe a freeflow, prolly gonna remove the cat when they do the throttle cable recall... I just don`t have enough info on what I can and cannot do with a stock machine so i wouldn`t need electronics or more compression, just want to keep it simple and warranty friendly...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information