Winterizing GP1200R...

What exactly do I need to do to winterize a 2000 GP1200R? I live in southern NC, so it stays pretty warm year round...

+1
    http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instr.../winterize.pdf if you dont get to freezing conditions by you. You will be alright without using antifreeze for your lines.

Put some stable in the gas and run it thru the carbs. You can also put a tablespoon of oil in each cylinder thru the spark plug hole after you run it.

+1
    Do u have to run antifreeze in Yamahas ? I did not in my gpr and its in storage now will it be ok? I always heard you don't have to but now I am getting paranoid.

+1
    Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaGuy View Post
    Anyone?
    what`s the details? where do you reside or where is ski stored? how cold does it get in that space/storage? most likely the little bit of water in the box and SS will be fine, as the 1200/1300 GPR`s are pretty self draining. but I follow this guide:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...47#post1848747

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    what`s the details? where do you reside or where is ski stored? how cold does it get in that space/storage? most likely the little bit of water in the box and SS will be fine, as the 1200/1300 GPR`s are pretty self draining. but I follow this guide:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...47#post1848747
    Thanks Pale, it is stored in a heated garage but the guy said he might not turn the heater on for a few more days and it's in the 20's at night here in Chicago. But for the most part he will have the heater on all winter maintaining about 55 f. I actually did put some RV anti freeze into the lines but not sure how good a job I did. I simply poured it into the flush hose adapter with the motor running until I saw it running out the jet pump? Hopefully that is sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaGuy View Post
    Thanks Pale, it is stored in a heated garage but the guy said he might not turn the heater on for a few more days and it's in the 20's at night here in Chicago. But for the most part he will have the heater on all winter maintaining about 55 f. I actually did put some RV anti freeze into the lines but not sure how good a job I did. I simply poured it into the flush hose adapter with the motor running until I saw it running out the jet pump? Hopefully that is sufficient.
    without any kind of pressurized vessel as in CrazyA`s thread or pump pressure in mine, there really is no way to push antifreeze up thru the exhaust and around to the waterbox and SS. what most likely happened was what antifreeze you did pour in came past the RED "Y" and out thru the pump inlet strainer.

a few around here have said that the little bit of water trapped in the water box has sufficient room to expand and not cause any issues...

Woah!! I don't even remember asking this... lol

Apparently I was one of the guys that didn't know how to use the search function!

Thread Information