Harrisburg PA

Will this fuel pump fit

I got a replacement fuel pump the Mikuni DF62-702 for my 97 1100 venture. It has one extra fitting on it which is slightly bigger than the rest. do I need to run another fuel hose? Which fittings go where?

Harrisburg PA
    There are arrows on the pump .. looks like the bigger fitting is the fuel inlet, and this has two outlets. can I plug on of the outlets and be fine that way? I assume the silver fitting goes to the fitting on the head (pulse line)? Just want to make 100% sure this is correct.... O yeah and what do I use to plug the outlet?

Sounds like you got "the wrong one", unless you were looking for the high volume pump. I would think you can just run both outlets into a tee fitting and run a single line from there to the carb.

If it had a triple outlet setup or you had dual carbs, you could probably run a dedicated line to each carb from the fuel pump.

the dual outlet version is fine! they both feed from the same chamber! so the Tee idea or a plug will work!

Out of curiosity, will this just pump more fuel than the carbs technically need which will in turn just pump more fuel through the return line back to the tank?

it is a high output pump I'm not sure what stock is on the 1100?but the pentagon pump is what I run on my Polaris triple the more the merrier as far as fuel goes IMHO see post #3

The one he referenced is a dual output pump compared to my (stock) single output pump (both pentagon shaped, one just has an extra output). I would think if he was running a dual carb setup, he could set it up like post #2 in the thread you referenced (one output to each carb). Since he's got two outputs and three carbs to feed, I guess he'll have to go the route of the tee (or a plug).

I was just curious if he would see any benefits of having the high output pump.

Thread Information