Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    JESUS G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    567
    +1
    154

    Water/methanol Injection On 4 Tec

    Well, i just receive my AEN Water/methanol injection, iŽll try to install in our GTI

    Really i donŽt know what will i get but about i heard i think i can get advance timing and maybe increase around 30HP more and more safety and prevent detonation like when you use 110octane fuel.

    I just start to work.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0034.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	95097  


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    I didn't think detonation was a problem on our ski's until 22++ psi boost.

  3. #3
    JESUS G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    567
    +1
    154
    I know Mike, but is for our race boat. My GTI work with Igni-Power and i have a very good mapping (ignition) but i have to use 110 octane fuel with this mapping (50 Ltrs = 300€), if i install this system i only do a first spend money ....


    Anyway i like to do strange things like this , sometimes works good...

  4. #4
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUSSEADOO View Post
    I know Mike, but is for our race boat. My GTI work with Igni-Power and i have a very good mapping (ignition) but i have to use 110 octane fuel with this mapping (50 Ltrs = 300€), if i install this system i only do a first spend money ....


    Anyway i like to do strange things like this , sometimes works good...
    Let us know, you are always trying something different

  5. #5
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUSSEADOO View Post
    Well, i just receive my AEN Water/methanol injection, iŽll try to install in our GTI

    Really i donŽt know what will i get but about i heard i think i can get advance timing and maybe increase around 30HP more and more safety and prevent detonation like when you use 110octane fuel.

    I just start to work.....
    Using methanol IS like using 110 octane fuel.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CORSICA
    Posts
    40
    +1
    1
    Hi,

    The main purpose with water/methanol injection is to have colder intake air. On supercharged or turbo motor this mean more power (this is a shorcut)

    check here http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html

    all you need to know about water injection.

    This will be a great performance upgrade

  7. #7
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by 200%absolut View Post
    Hi,

    The main purpose with water/methanol injection is to have colder intake air. On supercharged or turbo motor this mean more power (this is a shorcut)

    This will be a great performance upgrade

    +1

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by 200%absolut View Post
    Hi,

    The main purpose with water/methanol injection is to have colder intake air. On supercharged or turbo motor this mean more power (this is a shorcut)

    check here http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html

    all you need to know about water injection.

    This will be a great performance upgrade
    It doesn't add any power unless you add boost or timing along with it. It cools the charge, but displaces it with vapor that doesn't contain oxygen. How do I know? Well, I happen to have an Alkycontrol kit on my 9 second turbo Camaro. I'm running 17 psi boost on a 388.

    Mike

  9. #9
    It'll add power without adding more boost or fuel. It just depends on how much ya wanna gain and what you're putting it on. It raises compression a bit, water doesn't compress very well, I know some evaporates, but not all of it. Plus methanol is a fuel, so technically you are adding more fuel. These kits are pretty popular in the diesel community and are getting more popular with the gassers. More info...snowperformance.net That's what I have for my truck...should get me over the 600 rwhp mark. Good luck with the install. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.
    Corey

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by CumminsAholic View Post
    ... Plus methanol is a fuel, so technically you are adding more fuel. ..
    Keep in mind that gas-burners don't work the same as diesels when you add fuel. If it's tuned correctly on gasoline only, then adding fuel (Methanol) will actually reduce power. You have to cut some gasoline out of the injectors just to break even.

    On my Camaro, I run around 12/1 A/F ratio on gas, then when the Methanol comes in it richens up to 11/1. I get detonation suppresion, and if the Methanol quits pumping for whatever reason (it's done it a few times before), then it doesn't instantly blow (like it used to) because the A/F is still relatively safe.

    Mie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 10:22 PM
  2. water/methanol injection on ultra 250
    By 04 Duramax in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 02:29 PM
  3. Water/methanol Injection
    By larry arizona in forum Honda Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 03:38 PM
  4. Water-Methanol injection
    By alostaunau in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 06:24 PM
  5. Water Methanol Injection Kits
    By rxpwhistler1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •