Question Mikuni vs SBT Carb Kits

I would really appreciate all you pros out there with your experience in using Mikuni vs SBT Carb Kits for rebuild (SBN). Is there really any difference in the kits and if so, what? As I am going to put a SBT engine replacement in, my gut tells me to use all SBT products. Your objective opinions are sincerely appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by samiguy View Post
    my gut tells me to use all SBT products. Your objective opinions are sincerely appreciated!!
    remember when Your gut had u eat that big lunch?! and look what happened you made a huge pile of crap

I won't use anything but oem Mikuni! and I have never seen any other mfg's kit ... Why? too many stories about hard diaphragms , and problems with fitment
    I just cough up the extra 10$ a carb and call it a day! however you may order the diaphragms separately for 13$ and put the savings towards new needle and seats ... but you have a non pv 1200 so you need the fuel pump parts also so best stick with a full kit ps Vomit spot had some for sale cheap!
    Last edited by ZMANN; 09-20-2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: clarify and spelling lol

Anybody else??

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    I was told to stay away from anything but the Mikuni kit. Sure, it's a little extra, but I would rather go with the manufacturer's kit... So I did.

+1
    How long you plan on keeping this? The quality of the materials in the Mikuni Kits far surpasses any of the other kits I have seen. Sure I can save a few bucks using the off-brands, is it worth it NO! not to my customers and not to me. I want things to last and I have found after spending several $$'s that OEM gaskets and OEM (Mikuni) carb kits last and fit right everytime.

You guys gave me exactly the info I was looking for..BIG THANKS!! Mikuni it is and thanks ZMANN for the heads-up with Vomitspot..look like he's hooking me up.

Thanks again!!!!!

Thread Information