Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    gutting water box?????

    I am running pretty good now and am thinking about gutting out my water box. I currently am running 04 rxp with an X charger and a RRFPR along with a Riva cold air intake as well as a 15/20 Solas repitched from Speedfreaks(the best) also I have the OPAS blocked along with the rideplates holes filled,along with a Riva Thermostat(cold) The ski is running about 8100-8150 and is walking right by an X. I am thinking of gutting out my water box and was wondering if that will help me in any way..

    Any input is helpful here..


  2. #2
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by monsoonmadness View Post
    I am running pretty good now and am thinking about gutting out my water box. I currently am running 04 rxp with an X charger and a RRFPR along with a Riva cold air intake as well as a 15/20 Solas repitched from Speedfreaks(the best) also I have the OPAS blocked along with the rideplates holes filled,along with a Riva Thermostat(cold) The ski is running about 8100-8150 and is walking right by an X. I am thinking of gutting out my water box and was wondering if that will help me in any way..

    Any input is helpful here..
    Gutting the water box and removing the plastic resonator gained me 200 rpm's, your success may vary. I recommend it!!

  3. #3
    ERICG1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WATERWORLD
    Posts
    469
    +1
    1
    Hey Lafjax, could you give a small tutelage on the WB mod as I couldn't find it doing a search. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Gutting the water box and removing the plastic resonator gained me 200 rpm's, your success may vary. I recommend it!!
    thank you for the input. I will check it out. I look at the whole exhaust and see that box as a (muffler) that should be removed.

  5. #5
    ERICG1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WATERWORLD
    Posts
    469
    +1
    1
    Yeah I removed that giant resonator ( took ten minutes ) and went to a local exhaust shop, owner cut a 9 in piece of 2 1/2 in stainless and flared the ends for 10 bucks . SWEEEETTT. Clears up some more room in the hull for an extra case of suds too. !!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Best results you can get....

    - Pull the box...
    - Cut off the end cap that points to the engine...
    - Cut off the outlet tube as FLUSH as possible...
    - Drill a single 5" hole in the baffle wall...
    - Weld cap back on...
    - Reintall...


    Here is a layout I did for a 08' waterbox, the cutting of the endcap and outlet tube is the same...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72495


    Here is the work I did on the waterboxes....
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40111

  7. #7
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by ERICG1 View Post
    Hey Lafjax, could you give a small tutelage on the WB mod as I couldn't find it doing a search. Thanks!
    Here's some more info from Danny...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ht=short+water
    There is a sticky in the Tips section too.

  8. #8
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Here's some more info from Danny...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ht=short+water
    There is a sticky in the Tips section too.


    WOW, thats an OLD ASS link!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts Gutted water box
    By IBADTON in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 08:52 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 04:36 PM
  3. FS Gutted water box, Riva Intake, mint 05 bars
    By imp0ster in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 11:12 AM
  4. gut water box out any gains from this?
    By lxman88 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:17 AM
  5. Gutting or boring water box?
    By Vettepro in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •