Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Riva free flow kit question

    I was testing at a local lake today, 89 degree water, RPMS hit 7800, got it to indicated 70 (no gps of course), right now bone stock with ride plate holes filled. i have a Riva Grate ordered, and im interested in making the machine a bit louder with a free flow kit, now i know it recommends that you block OPAS, but other coments on the forum say you can do it without blocking opas, i have searched, but does anybody have the info or thread on how to do it?


  2. #2
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jb08rxp-x View Post
    I was testing at a local lake today, 89 degree water, RPMS hit 7800, got it to indicated 70 (no gps of course), right now bone stock with ride plate holes filled. i have a Riva Grate ordered, and im interested in making the machine a bit lowder with a free flow kit, now i know it recommends that you block OPAS, but other coments on the forum say you can do it without blocking opas, i have searched, but does anybody have the info or thread on how to do it?
    With installing the "free flow" pipe on your P-X it is not necessary to remove your OPAS.. However with the riva thru hull rear exhaust kit it is necessary. By the sounds of it you are not too keen on removing the OPAS so it might be wise to go with the free flow pipe. All that is required is removal of the stock resonator and have the pipe put in its place. I did this mod at the same time i installed the riva power filter, and was very happy with how it sounded..

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    556
    YOu do not need to remove the OPAS to install the free flow. Just the resonator has to be removed, which is a pain in the a$$ in itself.
    I installed this on mine and love the sound.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by North49 View Post
    YOu do not need to remove the OPAS to install the free flow. Just the resonator has to be removed, which is a pain in the a$$ in itself.
    I installed this on mine and love the sound.
    thanks, p.s. how much louder was it, and would you consider cutting into the water box to reduce backpressure?
    between the intake and the free-flow pipe, did you pickup some rpms?

  5. #5
    Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,022
    look guys remember you do not need to remove the OPAS with a Thru Hull either....Its just easier to remove opas to get them in there......It has been done by a few people now to keep opas and use a thru hull.......Always keep in mind that you DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE OPAS.....Its just harder to install with it....

  6. #6
    jwade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Clarksville, Tn
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixcustoms View Post
    look guys remember you do not need to remove the OPAS with a Thru Hull either....Its just easier to remove opas to get them in there......It has been done by a few people now to keep opas and use a thru hull.......Always keep in mind that you DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE OPAS.....Its just harder to install with it....
    It says on Riva's website that you have to do the following to get the thru-hull exhaust kit on....See below.

    This is what has kept me from getting it as there is no way in hell I'm spending nearly 600 bucks just for the intercooler relocation kit along with 250 for the exhaust kit. That Intercooler upgrade cost is ridiculous and from what I hear, offers little to no benefit.

    NOTE: Removal of O.P.A.S. and installation of RIVA Performance OPAS Block-off Kit is necessary to accomodate installation of RIVA Rear Exhaust Kit for all models. RXP-X & RXT-X models require use of OEM Intercooler Upgrade Kit along with OPAS Block-off Kit.

    My question to the forum would be:

    What is the best thru-hull exhaust setup that doesn't require spending a ton of cash?

  7. #7
    Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by jwade View Post
    It says on Riva's website that you have to do the following to get the thru-hull exhaust kit on....See below.

    This is what has kept me from getting it as there is no way in hell I'm spending nearly 600 bucks just for the intercooler relocation kit along with 250 for the exhaust kit. That Intercooler upgrade cost is ridiculous and from what I hear, offers little to no benefit.

    NOTE: Removal of O.P.A.S. and installation of RIVA Performance OPAS Block-off Kit is necessary to accomodate installation of RIVA Rear Exhaust Kit for all models. RXP-X & RXT-X models require use of OEM Intercooler Upgrade Kit along with OPAS Block-off Kit.

    My question to the forum would be:

    What is the best thru-hull exhaust setup that doesn't require spending a ton of cash?
    Trust me a lot of people have done this........Riva puts in their instructions to do this because thats the way they intended it to be installed. However do a search on thru hull with OPAS and you will find it is being done.
    look at this picture....
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...9&d=1216608111

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixcustoms View Post
    Trust me a lot of people have done this........Riva puts in their instructions to do this because thats the way they intended it to be installed. However do a search on thru hull with OPAS and you will find it is being done.
    look at this picture....
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...9&d=1216608111
    that would be awsome, but did they also have to spend $600 to move the intercooler? im assuming all those exhaust pipes are black anodized or powder coated metal, they would tend to melt if they were cheap black plastic right?

  9. #9
    jwade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Clarksville, Tn
    Posts
    228
    Their piping is now metal. Looked like a good deal on the surface, until they started talking about relocating the IC for X-models.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by jb08rxp-x View Post
    thanks, p.s. how much louder was it, and would you consider cutting into the water box to reduce backpressure?
    between the intake and the free-flow pipe, did you pickup some rpms?
    On the trailor it is considerably louder, but in a positive way. It has a nice sound to it now when in the water. I did not notice too much while riding unless idling, but when my wife was riding it and I was on shore I really like the sound when she was flying by.
    I installed the RIva power filter at the same time so I did notice some RPM gain but I do not think it was related to the free flow. I also do not plan to cut the waterbox. I do not want it any louder. I shortened my waterbox on my previous 04 rxp and the free flow on my RXP-X sounds similar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB Need a exhaust hose for a riva free flow kit
    By RXP2 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 11:20 PM
  2. need some help with the riva free flow kit
    By homebrew in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 09:07 PM
  3. riva free flow pipe question
    By homebrew in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 04:39 AM
  4. Riva Free Flow Kit
    By BigDaddyRXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 07:56 PM
  5. USE or NOT to Use Riva Free Flow Kit...
    By stepjl in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 07:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •