Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mileage on X

+1

Mileage on X

Hey guys just bought a GPS for myslef to check my speeds and to see how far i can get on a full tank.. I went 32 Miles on about 1/2 of a tank, so i would expect anywhere from 60-70 miles on a full tank.. How do u guys compare? Not just talkin about the X's, i want to see how other ski's compare too..
    Thankyou

Rode from mandurah to Bunbury in west australia 200k round trip took 3 hours to get there alarm going off...bout 100ks...took 2 hours to get back alarm going off at a guess I'd say 55ltrs per hundred Kms...although I think I'm using more since the Mods I'll have to check again....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    Rode from mandurah to Bunbury in west australia 200k round trip took 3 hours to get there alarm going off...bout 100ks...took 2 hours to get back alarm going off at a guess I'd say 55ltrs per hundred Kms...although I think I'm using more since the Mods I'll have to check again....
    You were riding pretty slow, i woulda thought the fuel would last longer than that at that speed.. I was riding pretty hard when i checked mine.. I need to fill it right up to check properly though i suppose.
    I think you might find it to use less fuel now, When i put the R&D grate on, it used a noticable amount less.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    You were riding pretty slow, i woulda thought the fuel would last longer than that at that speed.. I was riding pretty hard when i checked mine.. I need to fill it right up to check properly though i suppose.
    I think you might find it to use less fuel now, When i put the R&D grate on, it used a noticable amount less.
    Large swell + I had to sit and wait for the yamahas to catch up ....

oh and I was racing a Quad up and down the beach for a bit to...I'll have to fill up and get the GPS out and have a proper look....It uses more fuel the my mates RXT and his mate RXT put together.... usually

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey guys just bought a GPS for myslef to check my speeds and to see how far i can get on a full tank.. I went 32 Miles on about 1/2 of a tank, so i would expect anywhere from 60-70 miles on a full tank.. How do u guys compare? Not just talkin about the X's, i want to see how other ski's compare too..
    Thankyou
    Here's what I've determined in 70 hours of riding with my GPS. First, this assumes that you've filled the tank up to the filler neck-really full.

Cruising at 5000rpm, the first tick mark on the fuel gauge will disappear at around 15 miles, the second will gone 8 miles after that, and 8 miles more for each tick mark. 32 miles is exactly how far I go when doing a combination of cruising at 5000rpm, and about 2 wot speed runs, for about 1 minute each.

How I arrived at the 5000rpm range was that it was tested by Boat test, and at that rpm you go the farthest on a tank of gas. Interestingly, at 5500 rpm, you only lose about 5 miles for a tank full.

+1
    Good info guys, I have been tracking MPG on my 06 RXT and 08 RXT-X and it varies from 3.6 to 4.5 MPG depending on how hard I hammer them. I tried to do the steady RPM test but I couldn't control myself from hammering. These boats are actually pretty close in MPG so I have around a 60 mile range. Lets see 93 octane at $ 4.50 a gal is about $70 bucks and I can burn that in less then two hours. Damn when our they going to come out with the nuclear powered boats, hell the new IS's are big enough to fit a reactor in them, LOL Oh BTW I always fill mine up ALL THE WAY to the FUEL CAP !!!! It gives you another half gallon of gas.

Banned User
    +1
    Same here on filling it all the way up, and bump the ski a few times to burp it. I can ride at 5000rpm and get about 14 miles for the first tick on the gas gauge, the second and subsequent ticks average 8 miles, if I hold 5000 rpm.

Mileage on RXP-X

I just went from a 2007 RXP to a 2008 RXP-X and can't believe how the X sucks fuel! 80 miles used a full tank. An RXP uses 2/3. Anyone know how to improve fuel economy on the X? I love the machine though. Goes like he!! and handles like on rails.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    I just went from a 2007 RXP to a 2008 RXP-X and can't believe how the X sucks fuel! 80 miles used a full tank. An RXP uses 2/3. Anyone know how to improve fuel economy on the X? I love the machine though. Goes like he!! and handles like on rails.
    I found then when switching from the stock grate to the R&D it seemed to go a better on the gas, but i lost some hook up..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information