Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RXP pump tunnel pressure #'s

Has anyone done any testing to see what the best tunnel pressure is on an RXP @ 85mph+?????

+1
    subscribing.

+1
    Only person I know of that said they tested tuneel pressure was JD 1.

Would be very interesting to know how it compares to the GPR pressures.

+1
    ttt

+1
    If JD knows he's not giving up the info, I already asked him It blows my mind that know one has any info on this, yet the GPR guys have pages and pages if info and they are SHARING it I understand that there are many variables but there has to be that all improtant number to stay away from?

+1
    For cryin out loud, all it takes is a pressure gauge, hose, and fitting. Will someone please do it? I'm too busy installing my new turbo. . .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    If JD knows he's not giving up the info, I already asked him It blows my mind that know one has any info on this, yet the GPR guys have pages and pages if info and they are SHARING it I understand that there are many variables but there has to be that all improtant number to stay away from?
    I do not have any p pressure #'s for the RXP, just the X.

the numbers on the X are all over the place due to mods/rpm's/hull angle
    I have 2 guages on the X at one time, the one gauge has a oneway valve that holds the highest number.....

hope this helps

I'll gladly do this, if someone would tell me where I can tap for a gauge without my tunnel exploding, and without a pump extension.

Should I drill a hole right through the fiberglass in the top of the tunnel? I suppose I could, and just reinforce it. I was thinking a 3/8" threaded rod, with a retaining nut on both the inside and outside of the tunnel, and just grind it flat, and fiberglass it flush on the inner tunnel. I don't think this is wise, or the best way to do it, but only way I can think of.

There appears to be enough room to tap the pump housing through the wear ring, before the prop, but is this too close to the impeller? This wont give me an accurate tunnel pressure reading will it? It will give me the pressure against the impeller?

This "hole" I'm making will also be my pressure relief as well as used to measure tunnel pressure, so if the location wont work for a pressure relief also, I'm not doing it...

I even bought an extra pump that I could drill on, but will a RXP pump fit on an RXP-X I'm starting to think it wont??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    I do not have any p pressure #'s for the RXP, just the X.

the numbers on the X are all over the place due to mods/rpm's/hull angle
    I have 2 guages on the X at one time, the one gauge has a oneway valve that holds the highest number.....

hope this helps
    Dan, could you specify which gauge you have that has the oneway valve? They are not very easy to find.

The only way I can think of to vent the pump tunnel pressure on an RXP without the pump extension is to install a 3/4 inch thru hull fitting in the pump tunnel, feeding INTO the hull, then run a hose with a 90 degree bend straight out the transom with another thru-hull above/to the side of the pump. Maybe put a valve inline if that is too big ... But honestly I am not sure I would ever want to do it on my RXP ... I have no buck, the ski runs great, so what would I gain by doing this? It would add a risk of water in the hull too. With the pump extension is another story altogether, it would be less risky, but again, what would we gain?

In my case I want a pump tunnel pressure relief for my P-X. I've never experienced the "buck" nor do I ever want to... but I don't think I'm going fast enough yet to see it. That being said I'm afraid to bolt on my Rude2 before I address this. I'm willing to do whatever it takes, I understand exactly how to make a pressure relief system if someone would just advise me on where to drill the Fu!#ing hole....

Drilling holes through the pump shoe/intake greate is just too ghetto for me, that's not the proper fix. obviously, as people still get the buck with drilled pump shoes...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information