Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The 2008 World Series of Powerboat Racing

http://www.sandiegobayfair.org/main.htm

Man, what a freaking exciting weekend of racing. It was bigger, and better than last year! CAN YOU SAY EVENT HIGH!?
    We went down the wire on MANY of the races.
    Name, Heat1/Heat2/Heat 3/Final
    Roque-1/2/1/2--->RXP
    Carreon (Dubz1, AKA The Hated One)- 2/3/2/1 --->250x
    Vanis- 4/1/3/3----->RXP-X
    Follmer- Not sure---->SHO
    Clark-Not Sure----->RXP
    West-Not Sure----->RXP
    Ferrera-Not Sure----->250x

OVERALL RESULTS
    Pro/Am
    1.Roque
    2.Carreon
    3.Vanis

Overall, the R/A races were VERY close between the guys running, them RXP's are freaking faster than CHIT! My 250x was having FITS all weekend trying to catch, pass them! Finally, the last race, I was able to put it together, and take the checker flag for my FIRST Pro/Am win in only my 4th race. (as a pro/am)

PAT, NICK, MIKE, STEVE, VINNEY, and TC all gave a great run this weekend, and all had extremely fast boats competing. We had some VERY close finishes on every race this weekend. With the winner bairly winning by a a mear couple of seconds. It was that close! On one race, Pat was leading the entire race, with only 3 turns left, I passed him thinking I GOT IT, but with 2 other R/A in front of both Pat and I, he took the outside, I had the inside, I got caught in the spray/wash of Steve West, Pat swung wide with only wash to the face as Follmer was turning at the same time. Freaking picture moment, 4 guys attaching the final turn, NOBODY giving in to the next guy.
    Pat went on to win by 1-2 seconds with me on his tail!
    The other races, they (Sea Doo's) would just EXPLODE off the line, having me play catch up. For the first 5 laps or so, they would be pretty far ahead, but with lapped traffic, and HEAVY chop, I would gain on them. Putting myself in a position to possibly pass with 3 laps remaining. I never did though, they are tough to pass! Man, so many memories from this race.

Big thanks to INSANDIEGOJOE, and BRIAN for couse masrhalling for us. Everyone walked away from the race, so that’s always a good thing! Thanks to Ross, his staff, San Diego City, and the Bayfair commettee for inviting us to this HUGE Powerboat weekend! Oh, and if you have never been on your ski ideling over to the beach with a Unlimited boat doing 200 MPH coming straight at you, then you might want to attend and race next year. Saturdays staging consisted of us motoring over to the beach while the Unlimited boats were racing.
    YES, they are coming straight at us as we were ideling. The image is clearly embeded into my head. PRICELESS!
    By far this is one of the most exciting races to attend, due to the fact that THOUSANDS of people are watching us race! NO JOKE! They all seemed to be into the races, chearing, ooowing , and aaawwwing while the Sea Doo's, Kawi's, Yammi's, and Hydro's mixed it up. Many compliments by people viewing the pits, with positive feedback for our races.

Pics to follow...
    Last edited by Dubz1; 09-22-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: added Ski Type.

+1
    Thanks Robert, for the recap. The Thunderboat Regatta is one of the most exciting and one of my favorite race weekends to attend each year. Love the "Rock Star" atmosphere. Unfortunately had schedule conflicts this year. Glad you guys were there to represent. Looks like there were a few more standups in the mix this year. Did you guys run them together or seperately? The combination makes for an exciting mix for the spectators.

I agree with you Cheng. I to think THIS is THE best race to attend. The atmosphere/venue is amazing. Plus, you get quickly humbled by watching other boats do
    +200mph. The crowd will be bigger than ANY "REAL" APBA points venue, bigger the WF's. This is all just my humble opinion though. We put on a REALLY good show for the crowd, yes, as usual, the stand up's ran with us. I kept clear of them, overall nobody got ran over, or anything like that. Its kinda cool having them out their, they gave Pat something to manevour aruound. Otherwise their would have been no catching him. Sorry you missed it. Next year for sure!

Dubz1,
    Congrats. Sounds as if this event turned out to be spectacular. Did they run a Jr Class? Good luck at Wf. See you then
    Debi

Here is the complete photo album over the weekend race:
    2008 BAYFAIR Pro Watercraft Racing Photos
    Here are some of the highlights of the Top 3 Finish:
    1st Place - Pat Roque #77 Sea Doo:

2nd Place - Robert Carreon #21 Ultra250X:

3rd Place - Nick Vanis #1 Sea Doo:

BAYFAIR Traffics Hours :

Looter #1 out in front of BAYFAIR Traffics Hours

Overall PWC & StandUP Mix Standing Line Up:

Robert saved the best race for last:
    It was between Pat Roque #77 and Robert Carreon #21 down to the wire:

Good Sportmanship - Pat congratulated Robert on the last heat #4.

FUN was had by all. Did someone say "ROCK STAR"
    How's about SPEED Girls

Until next year.

+1
    Im sorry I bowed out on sunday but.... Getting booted out of the pits to make room for the popra off shore boats, parking 3/4 of a mile away, getting bitched out by the same asshole that booted me from the pits for not having course clearance(when in fact I did.. they give me my own marine radio just for that reason every year) was just to much bullshit in a bullshit filled world..

You guys put on a terrific show! we were the last race on saturday and not one person left their seat. They were on their feet yelling and screaming cause they loved every minute of the race. Good Job Guys!

Im sorry offshore popra guys but here it goes...Watching you guys is more boring then watching the mold in hydrotoys fridge grow!

Damn I missed the "Speed Girls"

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    That sucks Joe I was wondering what happen, it was good seeing you on Sat bro

Quote Originally Posted by pirate33 View Post
    That sucks Joe I was wondering what happen, it was good seeing you on Sat bro
    Hey Pirate...another Lomita guy

Oh no... Lomita is taking over. What are the chances.. HA HA..

JOE... Hey man. I know what u mean. Soon as I drove up Sunday, I got snapped at about moving my ski's. friggin offshore boats take up like 4 spots. And I'll have to agree with ya, kinda boring to watch in that small of a course! We appreciate you helping on Saturday though, mans gotta do what a mans gotta do...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information