Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

Anybody own a Ninja 250r

anyone? Pros? Cons? Pictures?

+1
    great mileage.
    ok performance for a small person or a girl. but no where near the performance of a normal street bike.
    most people will outgrow its capabilities quickly.
    if you are little and looking for a slightly sporty econ0mical commuter bike, this is better than a moped...
    but if you want something with a little wow factor and some real preformance get at least a 600cc bike.
    i used to own a ninja 900, sold it years ago, was thinking about getting a bike again for commuting. this one is great on gas, but i can get a used 600 or 750, that is still good on gas, for just as good a price, and enjoy the performance of the 600 too...

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    All they got is about 107-112mph on the highway.

dsolie has one. Loves it.

I dont personally own a ninja 250 but have been around streetbikes for quite some time now. I ride an 05 Yamaha R6

250's are excellent beginner and commuter bikes. I used to deal with salvage bikes and I know alot of the bikes I bought, someone died on. Most of the times, it was people going out and buying bikes way too big for themselves, and lost control on their first time out....so I applaud you at looking at a good beginner bike.

Do yourself a favor and do some test rides(if dealers in your area allow this). Also make sure to figure proper gear in your budget. A good helmet is a MUST, along with a helmet and gloves.

Ride safe

Makes a good rider even better...

If you have never ridden before, or even if you have and want to be a better rider...

https://training.msf-usa.org/RES/

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah, I am going to be taking the Riding course when I turn 15. I have already scoped out the school or whatever you want to call it, that I will be taking it at.

I was wondering because I originally wanted to start on a 600 (when I can get a bike at 16.. I like to have things picked out early and get reviews, and all that good stuff so I know what I want and can start getting ready early..) and thinking about it, and hearing from Chrisrokc.. you want a smaller bike that you will respect. Thinking about it, it sort of made sense.. Respect the bike, learn on something that I won't lift the front off in a turn..

Originally I was thinking I could start with any bike I wanted to, if I was just careful of everything. Not being stupid and what not. Not showing off.. etc. REALLY respecting the bike.

The place I live, is nothing like OKC, Chicago, Dallas.. those big cities or where ever you guys are from.. I live in a kansas college town and I just googled it.. our city is estimated at less than 90 thousand people... if that shows anything.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Just remember Kale, you aren't as visible to other traffic on a motorcycle as you are in a car. Too often I see accidents in the paper here that involve a motorcycle where the rider is completely not at fault. Its just not as safe as a car. Just more food for thought for you.

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    Yea, from the way it goes here in NY, start with the Smallest Bike you can, leave it as Stock as possible, Practice your Low to Idle Speed Figure 8's, make sure you put the correct leg down at a Stop, ect...

...and MOST OF ALL...WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHER PEOPLE ON THE ROAD...YOU MIGHT NOT BE THE ONE DRIVING LIKE AN A$$, BUT IT'S THE OTHER PERSON THAT TAKES YOU OUT BECAUSE THEY DON'T SEE YOU. When it's Light Out, ALWAYS drive with your HighBeams on, ect... make yourself as Visible as possible.

+1
    me and my buddy were thinkin about gettin a couple of these little bad boys. we'll have to go to the class together kale the fact that it barely breaks 100 is a GOOD thing IMO. Less likely to drive like a dick (IMO as well). The cool thing is Kawi is making them look more like the 500s etc and it's almost the same physical size as the 500.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information