Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Rxt-x

+1

2008 Rxt-x

I posted lastnight about prices for a RXT-X. I guess my next question has anyone had any problems or heard of any with this being a new model and would you consider them being reliable for long distance trips.... I just dont know if i should wait and get an 09 or what. Any information would be helpful.

I've only had probs with coil packs and slip on S/C at 70hrs had rebuild S/C under warranty coil packs replaced under warranty..Never been towed...I've towed a SHO though...My 10hr run in I did in a day...I do alot of Ocean riding 100 to 200 km trips in Salt water...And I don't take it easy 70+ hours in 7 months and I'm only home every second weekend....I'd say go for it...

Oh and I jump waves I have a small/tiny crack in the hull gel coat(my Fault)

+1
    Pooche that is a great photo...

Toobold, the RXT-X is not exactly a new ski, the RXT platform has been in use for years, it's a good hull. The 09 X models are exactly the same as the 08's, so no reason to wait unless you want to consider one of the two new IS models which have a suspension system. No one knows if the IS system will prove to be reliable or not, but if you ride long trips in the chop it might be worth the wait. You can see all the new models here:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72576

+1
    So would you say that the RXT-X is not that good as a long distance cruiser? Cause i like to have fun, but i certainly like my long distance rides and that is one reason i got rid of my GPR1300R...I got tired of standing all the time..lol

if thats your case, wait for 09 and pick up a RXT iS

toobold i live in hampton and have a 2007 gtx limited with a few mods on it --i have been beating stock rxt-x's locally here -- i ride from factory point ( back river next to langley air force base ) to va. beach and farther with no problems --- and then up the other way up the bay to the york river --- the gtx limited ( o7's and 08's ) are on sale with rebates and gas cards plus they come with a gps to boot

+1
    Are these comfortable ski and pretty reliable....thanks again for input..i have the itch bad...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    So would you say that the RXT-X is not that good as a long distance cruiser? Cause i like to have fun, but i certainly like my long distance rides and that is one reason i got rid of my GPR1300R...I got tired of standing all the time..lol
    It's a great long distance cruiser, but it's really a balls-to-the-wall dragster as well. I'm trying to understand what is most important to you... Yamaha makes a model called the "cruiser" it has a special cruiser seat and it's very comfy like a big ol' Cadillac.

If you want better fuel economy then get a Yamaha HO, they get very good distance and very comfortable. If you want performance, go with the supercharged ski like the RXT or the SHO.

However---NONE of these will have the new revolutionary upcoming suspension SEA-DOO has developed with the IS models, so again---you may want to wait and see what those are like before you buy your next "cruiser." The IS models may very well redefine the word...

+1 That would be the only thing that Sh!ts me about the X.... the standard RXT would still have Quarter of a tank left when I'm filling up...Not cause of how much fuel it uses but how often I have to fill up compared to other skis....needs a bigger fuel tank..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    +1 That would be the only thing that Sh!ts me about the X.... the standard RXT would still have Quarter of a tank left when I'm filling up...Not cause of how much fuel it uses but how often I have to fill up compared to other skis....needs a bigger fuel tank..
    IF you replace or mod the stock grate the fuel consumption will not be alot different then the 215 hp.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information