Know your role...& shut your mouth!! The-Hoss!'s Avatar

'97 SL1050 parts needed!!!

Hey fella's;
    I am new to the forum & to pwc'in. I am from Ontario Canada. I have worked in a marina before(Skyline Marina) but it was mainly with Sea Ray Runabouts, Cruisers & Yachts, and never had the pleasure of riding a PWC. I bought a '97 SL1050 from ebay "hull only" for a fair price, however it needs a complete engine, jet drive system, & electrical. The hull looks to be in good shape, I have not yet picked it up.
    Any suggestions??? I am mechanically inclined, so I can putter away at it over the winter, I just don't want to drain the bank account to far!
    Thnx

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the HULK. Hate to say it,but by the time you get a motor,electrical and everything you need,you'd been father ahead buy a complete ski needing mechincal work only. The Domestic engines (red ones-900,1050,1200) engines don't come cheap as the fuji motors(blue). The good thing if you take your time this winter,you'll find the best prices on parts (on e-bay and here),Just watch for the deals,take your time and get an idea what stuff goes for so you don't over pay.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk!

Click here for the Polaris 1992-1998 Service Manual.

Reconstructing a parted out PWC can get expensive, especially if you have to source a whole bunch of the 'little' bits and pieces - things like the MFD, exhaust parts, hull fittings, steering and reverse cables and bits, battery mounts, SS bolts, and so on.

As many on here will tell you, even a 'free' PWC can cost more than buying a complete properly running PWC.

There are generally plenty of Polaris for sale, and prices will tend lower as December approaches. Look south of the border for the best pricing, especially Buffalo/Rochester, Ohio, and Michigan (via Sarnia or Windsor).

Or you can buy my 2002 Virage TXi

Know your role...& shut your mouth!! The-Hoss!'s Avatar
    Thanks for the offer, I got lots on my plate right now with 2 Pwc projects, & a 1994 Yamaha Vmax 4 snowmobile project!!!

Thread Information