Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hondas hull performance in choppy / ocean water

im looking into getting a 04 or 06 honda r 12 x , and i would like to know how the handle in choppy water , do they porpoise a lot?? how about wave jumping ?? thanks

They do porpoise realy bad in choppy water , almost as bad as my ultra but like my ultra they do great at jumping waves.

Funny, I was just wondering the exact same thing.. I wanna get a ski to use stickly in the salt..

Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach jesse View Post
    Funny, I was just wondering the exact same thing.. I wanna get a ski to use stickly in the salt..
    The honda F12X OR F15X could do the job . Just dont get the r12x it will have a hard time keeping up with the other heavier skis. If you dont mind the ride , atleast it gives you peace of mind ive never seen a honda broken down at the beach.

how about the ultra 250 x ???

Quote Originally Posted by rexzazo View Post
    how about the ultra 250 x ???

The 250x realy shines in the chop . Its most likely the best rough water hull ever made. That thing plows thru big chop. The only downside is its heavy so not to easy to jump waves and also consumes alot of gasoline but its also very reliable from what ive heard. Personaly the 250x is my favorite ski for riding in the ocean the ride is so good i dont mind that its not that fast in the flats.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rexzazo View Post
    im looking into getting a 04 or 06 honda r 12 x , and i would like to know how the handle in choppy water , do they porpoise a lot?? how about wave jumping ?? thanks

You may want a F15x or F12x if you are riding more in choppy water, The R12x 2seater is not for you.

However the R12x does handle well and is a really more fun then all of the above for "wave jumping" IMO

You need to try both (F15x or R12x) then decide.

Shawn

I agree the R-12X handles very well and in the twistys man is it good, mine was sliding out a bit on fast turns so I am going to get some sponsons and see if it works, but over all I am happy with the handeling of the two seater....

Quote Originally Posted by gtxscrider View Post
    The 250x realy shines in the chop . Its most likely the best rough water hull ever made. That thing plows thru big chop. The only downside is its heavy so not to easy to jump waves and also consumes alot of gasoline but its also very reliable from what ive heard. Personaly the 250x is my favorite ski for riding in the ocean the ride is so good i dont mind that its not that fast in the flats.
    I dont know my ultra 250 hits 66mph bone stock, add a wedge, ride plate, and the timing mod and you will be around 70 or over for under $400.

Quote Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT View Post
    I dont know my ultra 250 hits 66mph bone stock, add a wedge, ride plate, and the timing mod and you will be around 70 or over for under $400.

Hey i never said it was a cow! I just said its not as fast as say a modified rxp , rxt , gpr in the flats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information