Thread: SHO Stage 1 ???

Alrighty RIP or anyone else for that matter.... I'm gonna complete my stage 1 over the winter and look into a new wheel, prop, etc. to boost the supercharger to like 12psi from the stock 6.5. With all that work properly installed what are we talkin about as far as top speed. I noticed u have your ski basically at Stage 1 and GPS at 71 mph. I would think w/ what I have in mind I should be able to crack 75 w/o much trouble. Everyone opinions on this???? What $ value we puttin on parts and labor? The rest of stage 1 should cost about $800 parts (have the intake grate already) prolly $200 labor or cheaper if my friend does the work.

Quote Originally Posted by coachfarnen View Post
    Alrighty RIP or anyone else for that matter.... I'm gonna complete my stage 1 over the winter and look into a new wheel, prop, etc. to boost the supercharger to like 12psi from the stock 6.5. With all that work properly installed what are we talkin about as far as top speed. I noticed u have your ski basically at Stage 1 and GPS at 71 mph. I would think w/ what I have in mind I should be able to crack 75 w/o much trouble. Everyone opinions on this???? What $ value we puttin on parts and labor?
    What's the pitch on your impeller going to be?

Whatever it needs to be to balance topend and holeshot... Not sure wat the stock setting is.......................

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coachfarnen View Post
    Whatever it needs to be to balance topend and holeshot... Not sure wat the stock setting is.......................
    check the R & D website to see which prop best fits ur application (they have 5 listed) and then order it from Greenhulk so u can get the 10 percent discount.
    Can't comment on labor because i did most of the mods myself except for the ride plate/pump-seal that my mechanic did.......

Good luck....waiting to see how ur project turns out....good luck..

But 75 mph is looking very attainable w/o having to use an ECU.....

Stock I think is 13/19. Someone is trying a 23 and can't get back to the rev limiter. If you can spin a 23 to the rev limiter and not loose effeciency you should be around 80. However, it gets dramatically harder to go a little faster the faster you go. Even if the prop does spin, the drag of the boat will effect the efficiency of the water going over the prop.

And speed costs money. I think changing the supercharger will be more difficult that you realize; I believe it is gear driven. Plus you will need to change the computer and possibly the internals of the engine to handle the increased boost. $1000 may get you 3-5 MPH up top.

Thanks Tom.... I got a guy locally very knowledgable.... If i can help it I'd like to stay away from comp. and electronic issues. I was hoping if i changed the wheel, prop, impeller, etc. I mite be able to increase the boost w/o getting too in depth. But i guess then it will require more octane thus ingnition and comp. diagnostics maybe neccessary to get the correct combustion. I would love to make it as simple as possible. IT MAY NOT BE............... It's just a shame they set the motor and supercharger up to run 6.5 psi.... Get that 1800cc to run 10-12 psi like RXPX RXTX 1300cc and lookout.

Thread Information