Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 08 sho cruiser

08 sho cruiser

Hi new to your thread, just got a new sho cruiser and have a few questions...

is it ok to rev the ski while flush hose is on?? and also to what revs is it ok to go to on flush hose.......?? (IF REVING IT IS OK)

also there seems to be a sort of noise at the s/charger at idle and goes away with revs.. is that normal?? And do they have a bit of vibration throught the ski round the 2-3000 rpm mark, is that normal...

Sorry for all the questions first sho... Oh its brand new and i have only got 1 hr on it and still in run in. also has anyone had any more dramas with the coupling recall problem since..... Im hoping this ski is not part of it as it came into australia end of august....

Quote Originally Posted by qldbench View Post

is it ok to rev the ski while flush hose is on?? and also to what revs is it ok to go to on flush hose.......?? (IF REVING IT IS OK)

also there seems to be a sort of noise at the s/charger at idle and goes away with revs.. is that normal?? And do they have a bit of vibration throught the ski round the 2-3000 rpm mark, is that normal...

Sorry for all the questions first sho... Oh its brand new and i have only got 1 hr on it and still in run in. also has anyone had any more dramas with the coupling recall problem since..... Im hoping this ski is not part of it as it came into australia end of august....

oh thanks for your help in advance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qldbench View Post

is it ok to rev the ski while flush hose is on?? and also to what revs is it ok to go to on flush hose.......?? (IF REVING IT IS OK)yes it great to rev it as it will loosen up the motor and it also has a limiter so the harder you rev it the better

also there seems to be a sort of noise at the s/charger at idle and goes away with revs.. is that normal?? no its not take it back to the dealer quick smart And do they have a bit of vibration throught the ski round the 2-3000 rpm mark, is that normal...no they are smooth as, that would be the s/c making the vibration

no, you will be ok, flush the motor with white king to get rid of all the salt, hope of helped

+1
    The SC noise is normal. It's just more noticeable with the seat off. I was concerned when I first got mine, but if you search past threads you'll see that everyone has heard the same unusual scraping sound. Also, you might want to be careful revving the engine on the trailer. I take mine slowly up to about 4000rpm's and then slowly down. The vibration is also normal, and from what I've read the only problem people have had is with paint bubbling and peeling in the pump tunnel behind the intake grate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    The SC noise is normal. It's just more noticeable with the seat off. I was concerned when I first got mine, but if you search past threads you'll see that everyone has heard the same unusual scraping sound. Also, you might want to be careful revving the engine on the trailer. I take mine slowly up to about 4000rpm's and then slowly down. The vibration is also normal, and from what I've read the only problem people have had is with paint bubbling and peeling in the pump tunnel behind the intake grate.
    +1
    I'm not a good mechanic but learnt heaps from the GH gang.
    When we fired up the 2 SHO's we had the same things on BOTH ski's:
    1. Supercharger "scraping noise". I wonder if anyone can explain this fully?????
    2. A bit of vibration around the 4000 mark on the trailer.
    + after reading about the coupling issues before they were fixed, we ALWAYS rev SLOWLY up to 3-4000 rpm then slowly down to clean out the waterbox.

Good luck and have fun on the SHO.

Colour/Production Copier Tech wazza's Avatar
    When flushing my SHO Cruiser, I start with an idle for approx 30 seconds, then build-up revs for next 1 minute, then slowly back down again. There is a rattling noise in there somewhere, but nothing seems broken and the ski works normal in the water. The past posts have eased my mind on this issue as it seems a normal noise that everyone is experiencing.
    I only picked up my SHO last month in Melbourne and was assured that the recall issue was taken care of. My ski is not one that is affected so neither should yours.
    I've also found a good coating of inox over the engine bay & under the engine cover has made my engine look shiny and new.

Thanks for the replys.. glad to hear it all "normal".. finished run in tday.. and then did some passes a wot.. what a machine!! my old 07 ho cruiser would be eaten up by this thing even with all the riva bits i had on it... Very happy with it.. didnt seem to notice the vibration and s/charger noise now im not labouring below 5thou rpms etc under run in.... Cant wait to head out again tmorrow for the first run in the sea and take on the chop.... dont want to let it think its always goin to get it soft and easy in the river and fresh water,lol...

+1
    I am currently in the process of working out a deal on a new 08 FX-SHO Cruiser myself.. I was drawn between the RXT-X and this ski. I guess i will stay true to yamaha once again....I just wish winter wasnt here so soon...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    I am currently in the process of working out a deal on a new 08 FX-SHO Cruiser myself.. I was drawn between the RXT-X and this ski. I guess i will stay true to yamaha once again....I just wish winter wasnt here so soon...
    Good choice.

+1
    I DID IT>>...i have myself a new 2008 FX SHO Cruiser....i just hope i did they right thing by not purchaseing the RXT-x....Oh well...its a yamaha, so i am sure it will be just fine...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information