Thread: Help me decide.

Help me decide.

Hello all,
    I have only owned Kawasaki jetskis, first one 1996 ZXI then a 1999 Ultra 150 and now a 2006 15-F.

Now where I need the help.

I want a new fast watercraft and it's really hard for me to buy another Kawasaki knowing that the Seadoo will walk all over it.

I will keep it 100% stock and get the longest warranty possible so modding it is out of the question.

Tell me your onions why you would (NOT) buy a Kawasaki over the Seadoo.

Thanks

Dan

P.S.
    I posted the same in the Kawi area and it was 1 sided so I wanted to hear from you guys also.

+1
    What water conditions do you typically ride on -- lakes..oceans.. etc

Quote Originally Posted by RX-Pike View Post
    What water conditions do you typically ride on -- lakes..oceans.. etc
    Local Arizona lakes and Colorado river only.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
    Hello all,
    I have only owned Kawasaki jetskis, first one 1996 ZXI then a 1999 Ultra 150 and now a 2006 15-F.

Now where I need the help.

I want a new fast watercraft and it's really hard for me to buy another Kawasaki knowing that the Seadoo will walk all over it.

I will keep it 100% stock and get the longest warranty possible so modding it is out of the question.

Tell me your onions why you would (NOT) buy a Kawasaki over the Seadoo.

Thanks

Dan

P.S.
    I posted the same in the Kawi area and it was 1 sided so I wanted to hear from you guys also.
    With the deals being offered right now by SeaDoo, you should spend the couple hundred dollars and upgrade the intake grate, 4" air intake and impeller to have an even faster ski than the stock guys you ride with.

+1
    IMO you have to decide what TYPE of ski you want first ... 2 seater speed king, fast 3 seater, 3 seater that is good on gas, etc, etc. Once you figure that out, I think you have lots of options.

For example, I think there are MANY VERY GOOD 3 seater options out there right now ... Honda's new turbo 3 seater, Kawi Ultra 250/260X, 'Doo RXT or RXTX (or their new suspension models too), and Yamaha's SHO models. Potentially ANY of those are fast, solid, reliable 3 seaters. If I was looking for a 3 seater, I would not know which one to buy ... I think they are all very close on all the important stuff like price, speed & reliability.

2 seaters ... its a different story, very personal and subjective, and there are not many small true 2 seaters out there anymore. FWIW I have had Kawi, Yamaha and Sea Doo skis and my RXP is still my favorite ski so far.

Are the seadoos gas hogs?
    I know the Kawasaki uses allot of fuel, so much goes through the motor everyone is complaining about "Gas in Oil".

Gas hog is a relative term. If you are WOT then you will be burning gas. My GTX has a 15.9 gallon tank. I have the mods listed in my signature. At pretty much WOT with just a few short breaks in-between, I am getting the low fuel alarm at right around 3 hours. I am however going at a pretty constant 70 mph. When shopping for a Seadoo, I read somewhere that for an RXT-X (stock) assuming WOT @ 67 MPH and 8,000 rpm the burn rate is 6.8 gph which equates to 2.33 hours to a tank. I will say that it is the most fun you can have in around 2 and a half hours for 60 bucks (legally anyways).

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Dude, get the RXT-X if you dont plan on jumping wakes day in and day out. Its only a few pounds heavier than the P-X so the difference in speed wont be too much...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by g8tor8 View Post
    I will say that it is the most fun you can have in around 2 and a half hours for 60 bucks (legally anyways).
    unless u have a girlfriend

and it wont cost u a thing

Thread Information