Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1

    Which exhaust do people prefer?

    Ive heard the sound clips, ive read the manufacturer's comments- but im interested in what people who own the products think. What are the real differences between the gibson exhaust and the riva (shorty style) exhaust?

    In the sound clips they both sound the same to me (hard to really tell on youtube and not in person).

    So... Which gives the performance edge? Which sounds meaner? Etc.

    Ill be honest, I really like the fact that the gibson is polished stainless.. I dont like the look of the flat black riva box.

    Im ready to buy an exhaust this week but I really cant choose between the two. I know the Riva isnt out yet, but people must have similar shorty-style boxes that can compare.

    LMK your thoughts.


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Ive heard the sound clips, ive read the manufacturer's comments- but im interested in what people who own the products think. What are the real differences between the gibson exhaust and the riva (shorty style) exhaust?

    In the sound clips they both sound the same to me (hard to really tell on youtube and not in person).

    So... Which gives the performance edge? Which sounds meaner? Etc.

    Ill be honest, I really like the fact that the gibson is polished stainless.. I dont like the look of the flat black riva box.

    Im ready to buy an exhaust this week but I really cant choose between the two. I know the Riva isnt out yet, but people must have similar shorty-style boxes that can compare.

    LMK your thoughts.


    Read up....

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40111

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68684

  3. #3

    Thanks!! thats a very valuable thread. Im surprised that the Gibson creates backpressure. I would assume that its due to the baffling.

    You obviously havent tested the RIVA- so would you say that it most closely resembles the green exhaust? thats what I have been comparing it to.

    As far as volume goes, the gibson would be the quieter choice because of the aforementioned baffling.

    The full stainless casing is still a selling point on the gibson. Especially if [like me] you like the IC piping/exhaust/ and everything else matching.

    Its so hard to make a decision on something that hasnt been released yet. Im pre-ordering something that no one owns yet and therefore there is no feedback on it. I care more what owners think of a product than what manufacturers say or what people think 'should be' good.

    You know?

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    You obviously havent tested the RIVA- so would you say that it most closely resembles the green exhaust? thats what I have been comparing it to.

    I will be flowing one once people take delivery of it, already have some lined up ready to go. They will be close to the number of the GreenBox, not much difference...
    Last edited by Danny; 09-24-2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling

  5. #5
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I will be flowing one once people take delivery of it, already have some lined up ready to go. They will be close to the number of the GreenBox, not much difference...
    Danny, what is your oppinion of how the riva X box or 08 setup is going to flow with the outlet being in the line of intrance on the riva.

    I hope you get a hold of one of these very soon. thanks steven

  6. #6
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Thanks!! thats a very valuable thread. Im surprised that the Gibson creates backpressure. I would assume that its due to the baffling.

    You obviously havent tested the RIVA- so would you say that it most closely resembles the green exhaust? thats what I have been comparing it to.

    As far as volume goes, the gibson would be the quieter choice because of the aforementioned baffling.

    The full stainless casing is still a selling point on the gibson. Especially if [like me] you like the IC piping/exhaust/ and everything else matching.

    Its so hard to make a decision on something that hasnt been released yet. Im pre-ordering something that no one owns yet and therefore there is no feedback on it. I care more what owners think of a product than what manufacturers say or what people think 'should be' good.

    You know?

    From my test the GH box is much louder then the gibson, but I also drilled my pisser holes on jpipe to 1/4 inch which would make it more quieter.

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Danny, what is your oppinion of how the riva X box or 08 setup is going to flow with the outlet being in the line of intrance on the riva.

    I hope you get a hold of one of these very soon. thanks steven

    The 08 setup is gonna be interesting...I hope the holes don't 100% line up on center, but we will see...PROVIDED that the box itself is baffle free.

  8. #8
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    From my test the GH box is much louder then the gibson, but I also drilled my pisser holes on jpipe to 1/4 inch which would make it more quieter.
    My gibson is way louder than a gh box @wot but I did not drill out my pissers or supply any extra water to it. The water makes a huge difference.

  9. #9
    jpeconsult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pineville, LA
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    From my test the GH box is much louder then the gibson, but I also drilled my pisser holes on jpipe to 1/4 inch which would make it more quieter.
    You drilled the holes on J-pip for the Gibson, not the Green Box, right? I want that deep sound without being obnoxious. Is there such a thing?

  10. #10
    what holes are you guys talking about?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Drag Racing OR Closed Course Racing? which do you prefer
    By 206 in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 02:52 AM
  2. Which Plate Do you Prefer RIVA or R&D
    By Mik72e in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 10:37 PM
  3. Which Mod do you hate working on the most
    By meirvin in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 03:32 PM
  4. Which ECU do you use for your 1200pv?
    By Chezzy in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 04:28 PM
  5. I forgot , which exhaust
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •