Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    07 Ultra 250x - Blue/Silver justice25's Avatar

Exclamation BS GIO excuse given by dealer

I know this is an ongoing discussion, but dropped ski off at dealer yesterday after oil level rising, dealer told me that if ski is not warmed up properly it could cause GIO and if you decelerate rapidly it could cause the same issue, wanting to know what your comments are on this, they ran test on it and sucked some oil out. They said that this will happen from time to time for me not to worry about it.

that's fracking BS..you know it and they know it..makes you angry doesn't it?..

Your right about mad, they know ther is something not right, but all systems on computer check so it baffles them, the only thing they know to do is try and get around it, if I waited the suggested time between oil changes the ski would be junk, but what do you do, I guess I will add the OCMS and hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by justice25 View Post
    dealer told me that if ski is not warmed up properly it could cause GIO
    Dealer is some what right about the engine temperature. The piston ring expansion would not be as optimal in cold engine as it would be in hot engine, causing more unburned fuel to blow by. Also, fuel mixed in crankcase oil would not burn up (or evaporate, as one may say) as readily in cold engine as it would in hot engine. This is true on any IC engine. BTW, the evaoprated fuel (now in gaseous state) returns back to the air intake system via crankcase ventilation system and gets reburned.

Quote Originally Posted by justice25 View Post
    if I waited the suggested time between oil changes the ski would be junk
    Has anyone really experienced any permanent engine damage because of this?

As said a million times, put the ocms kit on and problem solved. It works.

I understand this, but common sense would say that there is a problem, I had a friend who told me that years ago he had a Bronco 2 that the fuel regulator went out, this caused GIO and caused bearings to go bad, he had to rebuild the whole motor, granted this is not exactly the same but oil has a certain viscocity to it for a reason, when you take that away by diluting it with gas it can not be good. How would anyone experiance long term damage on this ski, the manual calls for 50 hrs on oil change, most everyone on here changes oil at least every 10 hrs to avoid just this and most people have not had this ski for more than 1-2 summers, so you will not see long term effects yet. As for the warm-up process, when I launch my ski my wife is the one that rides it untill I park the truck, she just Idles it around for at least 5 min. waiting on me to get back from parking lot, this should be enough warm-up for the Ski. I will be putting the OCMS on the ski, but the dealers escuse was BS. I picked it up after work yesterday and he told me that the tech went to a seminar last week and this was what they went over on the GIO issue, well Im sorry, but I think that he would have told me this when I brought the ski in to have it looked at and told him about it, instead he told me that he has not had this happen yet, if the seminar was last week I am pretty sure it would be fresh on his mind. I know this has been a well covered and debated subject, but for a dealer to tell me this is wrong, there is something not right with the ski, I will change my oil often myself, put the OCMS on, and every 50 hrs have the dealer change the oil so that it is documented for my warranty, which I am glad I shelled out the extra 1K for. Basicly I guess the thing that makes me the maddest is that they have apparently made the 08 better on this issue, supposedly the 09 is fixed (yet to be proven) so this is not normal and if it was should state it in the manual.

Your beating a dead horse. Please use the search button, it will answer all your questions on the GIO.

Skipp,

I am not trying to beat a dead horse, but I was told that they went to a seminar on this issue, I am wanting to know if Kawasaki is having a seminar and telling the techs basically to overlook the GIO, this is new news to me and I do not beleive is in the search, I am not trying to bring back the old GIO issue, but this seems like a step in the wrong direction for Kawi, if indeed this is what they are doing. If they are not doing this then I want to know so that I can confront my dealer about a Tech flat out lying about it and my Ski.

I understand your not trying to make an issue but you are.

Take your issue higher then the dealer. The information is here as how to handle the issue. Weather you fix it or dealer fixes it, its in the search button.

Your Dealer TECH is full of crap and you can assume that they all are. Stopping at what a tech says and running here for the answer isn't the answer.

The answer is in the "search button". You can finds hundreds of threads that are in line with yours and the methods they used to resolve it.

PLEASE I BEG YOU to take the time and read though the history. I'm sure you'll see that your issue to most of us is "beating a dead horse". You will learn from the history the methods in which to make it completely miserable for the dealer to the point that they give in and do something. You may wanna wait until the 09 pistons are available though.

STILL USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. IT KNOWS ALL.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information