+1

Banshee or 400EX???

This weekend i ripped around on a friend's YFZ450.... absolutly amazing!!! so i have decided i need to get a quad, but i don't have the money for a new 450 or raptor...

I'm torn, either a 400ex or a Banshee... the 400ex cause the re-sale has dropped big time with the introduction of the 450's or the banshee cause i've just always wanted one.

i know the obvious difference is 2-stroke vs 4-stroke, no reverse, crappy ground clearence, really fast, and i'm not worried about the added service that the banshee would require.

what would you do?

+1
    Test ride the Raptor...nice, fast ride like the GPR. :P

+1
    What kind of riding do you do ? If you ride the dunes the Banchee will smoke them all.

yea raptor is ok but these quads your talking about are two diffrent creatures the 400ex is got to be the best trail bike easy jumping great all around bike, but no were near the bike of the banshee I trail ride it sand drag it just go grudge racing with my buddies I love this quad, it's just not a great motocrosser a little to front heavy for me. I do have mods done to my banshee that makes a big diffrence just like a stock gpr and a triplepipe gpr and mine starts and runs all day no problems and the only other quads that will run with you will be a banshee maybe a quadzilla but I have beaten up on them too

Well the 400ex is a nice quad that has alot of potential and really durable and nimble. The banshee will require some attention... I have a 04 Kawi KFX700. Its automatic but and big but I love it. Its like a high performance Cadillac... I have yet to be beat on holeshot its just SICK! It must be the tires they are called "Holeshots" LOL... I have been pulled in upper midrange by a 450 R Honda but I gave him the advantage on holeshot just to see if he could catch me. I did get caught but pulled on topend. I put my 100lb son on the kawi and the Honda 450R could do nothing at all... Guess my heavy ass was keepin her down a bit... I'd say if ya ride in water dont buy an auto with a belt it will slip at the creek but the 400ex is really tough!

I would agree 400ex is tuff all around great quad. I do disagree with you about the banshee needing some attention I have rode mine for 2 seasons no problems starts up every time, ride all day hard too Now about hole shot I have lined up against quads like yours even in soft sand with me having holeshots on my banshee and still never got holeshoted but I must say that quad that you have runs very good for a big quad and you are right it is a cadillac

+1
    I think i'm pretty set of a 400EX. i think the low end grunt of the honda will be better suited for the type of riding i'll be doing most of the time. I'm sure it will have more than enough power for me once i learn to get ahold of it!!!

Thanks for all your input guys!!

Enjoy it great decission

Thread Information