Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

X supercharger options...

I am a bit confused as to what superchargers can be used on the X ski. I want more boost at 8100 rpm, I am willing to install a RRFPR and higher flow injectors to have a more powerful and reliable ski. What are my choices? What is the best performance to $$$ choices?

Quote Originally Posted by yz426er View Post
    I am a bit confused as to what superchargers can be used on the X ski. I want more boost at 8100 rpm, I am willing to install a RRFPR and higher flow injectors to have a more powerful and reliable ski. What are my choices? What is the best performance to $$$ choices?
    If you want to keep your X-charger but want alittle more boost theres a couple options. Rude performance is making a X-charger upgrade called the RudeX. Its going to be a New wheel and cover. Im guessing Pricing is going to be around $650-$700. You should see some test results in a couple weeks. A X-charger makes somewhere around 9.5-10 psi of boost at 8100. With the RudeX upgrade Im hoping to see 11.5-12 psi at 8100.

Another option is a Wheel and spacer from EngineTech. They claim there X-charger upgrade will make 12psi of boost at 8100rpms.This kit costs $649.99 These are your two best choices.

If you dont want to keep your X-charger and you want to go out then you will want a 2Rude or the EngineTech 140mm charger. They will make around 13.5-14psi of boost at 8100 rpms. The 2Rude is $1650 and The EngineTech charger is $1799.

I hope this helps

Justin

+1
    Bear in mind that the X boats have a lower rev limiter than the non x boats. You should keep your RPM to 8000 on the X boat. If you want all out power go with a 2Rude and an X boat RRFPR setup (different to non x boats). I dont think that you will need to get bigger injectors because the X boat all ready runs 42s that are being powered differently to push more fuel. R88

Banned User
    I've heard alot of great things about the Engine Tech 137mm drop in on the X boats.
    The Rude Xtreme hasn't been released yet, so to be fair I wouldn't be able to comment on which one's better.
    As the guys said above; the 42Lb injectors with a RRFPR will be plenty of fuel for either SC.

Alex

Great information. The upgrade to the X charger seems to be the best option. ET or 2Rude, I'll just have to wait and see. Either wheel upgrade should give me what I want. Good to know I won't have to upgrade the fuel system to keep up with the increased boost. The money will be better spent on the correct prop.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yz426er View Post
    Great information. The upgrade to the X charger seems to be the best option. ET or 2Rude, I'll just have to wait and see. Either wheel upgrade should give me what I want. Good to know I won't have to upgrade the fuel system to keep up with the increased boost. The money will be better spent on the correct prop.
    Yes, you will have to upgrade the fuel system for the increased boost. That's what a lot of people don't understand. The X boat's injectors are maxed out. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can just drop in a wheel and all will be ok. There are several people on here doing testing to see what works. Wait for there final report, and pay attention to what rpm's they were running(some of the Riva, or Rotax ECU upgrades), and also what injectors and other upgrades they have. Be patient, don't blow up your ski. There are a lot of great wheels out there, just wait for the results to come in, and pick one based on what you want to pay, and how much increase you want.

Hi,

I have a lot of questions :

- What size of SC X stock ?
    - What about ROTAX wheel and spacer for X ? better than EteC with spacer ?
    - And 2rude size ?
    - B and C kit about PIRANNAH is better than RUDE or 2RUDE ?
    - Someone test this new wheel : http://seadoocentre.com/new_superchargers.htm

Thanks for your anwers...

+1
    I have the 137 mm engine tech with 3mm spacer from racetech/Mark U and I could not be happier. Ski has great acceleration and makes 13.5 psi at 8500. It is a drop in replacement for the stock x wheel if I am not mistaken

Banned User
    +1
    That's true, but your not running an X boat, and I think the question is about those running different SC's in X boats. Plus, your turning 8500 rpm, and he wants to turn about 8100rpm

If i used 2rude in RXT-X, i need change my injector or put a regulator?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information