Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Starting business for school

So im in a business managment class at school. I know I want to start like a sea-doo dealership but now I need to come up with a name. Anyone wanna help me come up with names?

BTW: this is just for fun, its not like I am ACTUALLY starting a business, though one day I think it would be fun do own a sea-doo dealership.

O, and I need to do research to see if this is really needed in my city, which I think it is. Anyone know any websites that tell like how many PWC's are in my city?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

business research...

You need to come up with a name on your own..that's half the fun..nobody here is going to help you "cheat".

As far as need:

1-get a pad and head on down to your local riding area on a friday. Count how many boats you see and how many skis..come up with a ratio increase by 25-40% for peak season..and the season length in Michigan is how long?...

2-scope out the other local ski dealerships to get an idea of thier level of activity ( storage yards full, one or more mechanics working in the shop..how many units on the showroom floor?..open more then 4 days a week?

3-get a pin map and mark the locations of ski shops and boat delaerships. Pick your location to be close, but not too close to the others. Getting a picture of the location you would "rent" will add creds to your presentation.

Providing all of this information in your presentation will show the instructor that you have some idea of what to do and the biggest challange in starting anew business are these things. If you fail to research the market, having the best management ability on the planet is not going to make you a profit.

oh yeah..better have lots of money if you want a seadoo dealership, the interst on the loans alone are going to flatten your soul ( unless your family has big bucks to back you and you like working and not pulling a salary for a year or more ( banks have to get paid first in the real world)

pm me if you want to discuss some more

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    You might also check your state's web site for boat registration information.

ok thanks for that information. The whole semester basically is going to be projects. The goal at the end of the semester is to have a portfolio basically. He is giving us projects to do. This one right now is picking out a name and what we want to do. In the future we will have to pick out locations and figure out all that other stuff. I already have a place picked out that I think would be nice. It was a used car dealership with a nice big lot and floor space that is for sale right on the highway. The closest sea-doo dealership is about 45 minutes away, and my Aunt has had horrible experiences with them. Well there is one closer, but it sells like everything...motorcycles, quads, etc...and is very small. Im thinking maybe make it like a whole BRP place, sell Ski-Doos during the winter? Im really excited for this school project

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    ok thanks for that information. The whole semester basically is going to be projects. The goal at the end of the semester is to have a portfolio basically. He is giving us projects to do. This one right now is picking out a name and what we want to do. In the future we will have to pick out locations and figure out all that other stuff. I already have a place picked out that I think would be nice. It was a used car dealership with a nice big lot and floor space that is for sale right on the highway. The closest sea-doo dealership is about 45 minutes away, and my Aunt has had horrible experiences with them. Well there is one closer, but it sells like everything...motorcycles, quads, etc...and is very small. Im thinking maybe make it like a whole BRP place, sell Ski-Doos during the winter? Im really excited for this school project
    Don't for get the quads(Can-ams) you can go boats to with Johnson and Evinrude

mmhmm

+1
    How about 'Rampage Racing' ?

Vision:

"To provide customer with the fastest s*** on the water."

lol, Thanks but no thanks, I want it to be more of a dealership rather then a racing joint. And that slogan wouldn't fly at a Christian school

How about a shop where people by the mods from you and bring their skis into the shop and use your tools, all you do is supervise the install? Could be easy to supervise 3-4 people and charge rack time vs. installing. Could make more if you let them tinker longer if you are billing by the 1/2 hour. Just a thought, something different.

I don't know how big of a market their is in my city for that

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information