Thread: Chowderfest

Chowderfest

Thanks to Monaco for the heads up.

www.chowderfest.com

what`s the entry fee this year, 100$, that event blows...

I remember spending better than 50$ to get a few tastes of chowder, 2 bottles of water and waiting in long lines like a freakin retard. I`ll never do that again, I don`t care what it`s for... I could have easily sat down in any restaurant had a bowl of chowder and still sent St judes 25$...
    the chowderfest blows... It`s for the BENNY`s...sorry barbay!...

I never heard of it but it reads like its not for the bennys. Kind of like a locals benny go home party.
    I dont know

Quote Originally Posted by BAR BAY H.O. View Post
    I never heard of it but it reads like its not for the bennys. Kind of like a locals benny go home party.
    I dont know
    Aaron, this has been around for a long time and it attracts everyone from everywhere, it`s a sampling of the local restaurants chowder.
    my very first time there i actually7 thought i`d sit at a picinc table and have a few bowls of chowder! NOT!!! Instead I saw people carrying around what looked like muffin trays oven ware or the like. You bring your tray up to a chowder station of your choice and they fill these little paper cups, similar to what the hospitals give you pills in, after paying 15$ to get in and more money for drinks and whatever I thought it was a different deal, I was wrong...
    so it is my personal opinion that I will not stand in long lines or heavy crowds to get samples of chowder even if it is for charity or not...we have our other charities...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-25-2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: fck up spelling/dixlexia

Hey Andy did they pour hot chowder on your nuts?
    Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.....

Quote Originally Posted by KEN G View Post
    Hey Andy did they pour hot chowder on your nuts?
    Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.....
    I just have to say that I was very disappointed for the amount of advertising this event had and i was actually looking forward to going...until I actually got their and saw exactly what it was...my bad...

Might as well just have a JetSki Buffet and Booze Off at the clubhouse.
    Monaco????

+1
    long lines for a shot of chowder...just go buy a pint

YEAH !! Chowderfest blows !!!

Better off any day of the week goin to chowder hut for a bread bowl of the New Enland CC. Wash it down with a nice heiniken...

Lodi/Beach Haven West, New Jersey, United States
    +1
    im down....

as for the chowerfest...ive never acutally gone there to get ne chowder....i know where to get the best if i want some (the gateway)

but ne time i go there is just to see what the stores got....i stock up on my sweatshirts usually, all the local stores there are usually 50-75%+ off cuz they closing up with in the week or so

Thread Information