waste gate binding, help

Well here it is in a nut shell, i was getting the over boost code, went through the entire system including the wgs test (and even bought a new one) the took the exhaust off of my o2 f12x and saw fair amount of surface rust on the hot side and the actuator. Took off the actuator, cleaned it , it works fine. It starts to move at about 8 - 10 psi........however the wastegate is another story seeing as that the only way i can move it (without that actuator connected) is with a wrench and a little force. If i move it with my hand I have to use considerable force, and I am sure im applying more than 8 lbs of pressure with my arm. So does ne one know of some really good tricks or penatrents that will allow the gate to move freely.......really really not looking forward to tearing this thing down to repair the gate.....and if it comes down to that does anyone have some shortcuts for that job? Thanks for your time guys!

I build Horsepower
    +1
    No shortcuts I know of.

You must use penetrate oil and let it seep in. The waste gate is not removable (its welded) from the turbine housing.

Well, after waiting for almost 4 to 5 months for all the honda replacement gaskets and parts to get here I got my ski back together (just in time for the coldest part of the year of course). So I test drove and the ski is a good as new again. After considerable research into oil and penetrant, I decided on KROIL which is amazing btw. It took a lot of soaking and alot of working the wastegate , but i got it mooving freely once more.(no thanks to the previous owner) Now I am going to replace the air box with a new filter and a breather so that instead of dissmanteling the ski after I use it every time I can spray the linkage with a little less headache seeing as the 02 doesnt have that handy air box routing system that the newer skis do, which is why I got this ski in such poor performing condition from the previous owner due to his lack of maintaince.
    Any reccomendations for a filter? And has anyone had bad experience with any kind of spray getting through?

Thanks All!!

Its on an 02 right. can you post some pictures of it

are there any tricks to taking the turbo off this ski , I have never done it before and it looks like there are some bolts that are impossible to get to.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    To remove the compressor, Loosen the band clamp and take it out. To remove the complete turbo you need to pull the engine because in most cases the turbo exhaust housing is frozen to the manifold studs and you need to heat them to separate the turbo..

Although The turbo and engine exhaust manifold can be removed together, then snaked out but it's not easy to do because of all the surrounding stuff you need to remove, Best to just pull the motor.

If the Turbo is bad most Likely you need to inspect the motor too anyway.

Shawn

Thread Information