How should my RXP be out the hole.

I have a 2006 RXP with 55HRS on it. From a dead stop, when i hit full throttle i hit the rev limiter up to about 20mph, and it get to 20mph very slowly by the way. and everything after 20MPH is fine it takes off like a bat out hell all the way up to 70MPH. My RXP is all stock. Its so bad my girl friends gtx and my buddies Kawasaki 1100 eats me out of the hole. Im hoping this is not normal for this ski. I wanted to know what i can do to stop this problem.

Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by John_29455 View Post
    I have a 2006 RXP with 55HRS on it. From a dead stop, when i hit full throttle i hit the rev limiter up to about 20mph, and it get to 20mph very slowly by the way. and everything after 20MPH is fine it takes off like a bat out hell all the way up to 70MPH. My RXP is all stock. Its so bad my girl friends gtx and my buddies Kawasaki 1100 eats me out of the hole. Im hoping this is not normal for this ski. I wanted to know what i can do to stop this problem.

Thanks John
    sounds like your either sucking air from somewhere or your wear ring is eaten up..... have someone hold a flashlight in the end of your nozzle get under the ski and look back towards your pump......if you see alot of light around the prop or damage to the wear ring youll need to replace the ring.

Thanks John
    It sounds like your stock plastic wear ring needs to be replaced. I would go with this Stianless steel replacement. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=401 The prop spins inside this ring. The stock plastic wear ring will get messed up when you suck trash up in the pump. The seal between the Wear ring and the prop needs to be close or you will have cavitation.

Justin

How hard is it to replace this wear ring. How long does the repair take. Keep in mind this is the first time working with a jet ski so im still learning.

05 RxP
    iits very easy, do the freezer method, that thing rocks!! takes less than 2hours in total. just disconnect the pump and remove bolts, but pump in bucket of ice/or freezer, along with stainless steel wear ring. slip old 1 out, put new 1 in, and leave it outside to warm back up (no extra heat), then bolt it back up and ur good to go!!

just make sure u disconnect your VTS, Reverse, and steering rod

or if you dont got $180 to spend right now, you can just turn your old wear ring around and it should be good for a bit until you can get a SS ring or new plastic ring (SS recommended)

+1
    How hard is it to replace this wear ring. How long does the repair take. Keep in mind this is the first time working with a jet ski so im still learning.

Here is the instructions for the Riva stainless steel wear ring
    http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instr...33_159_srx.pdf

Thanks for all the help guys. Its good to see a forum on the net that does not have any bashing or smart ass coments. As far as the wear ring, I could just turn it around for now. And that should fix the problem for now. Right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowsierra View Post
    It sounds like your stock plastic wear ring needs to be replaced. I would go with this Stianless steel replacement. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=401 The prop spins inside this ring. The stock plastic wear ring will get messed up when you suck trash up in the pump. The seal between the Wear ring and the prop needs to be close or you will have cavitation.

Justin
    This was my thought till I thought about it again!
    Plastic wear ring $45
    Stainless steel wear ring $180
    Suck up a rock or other debre plastic wear ring $45 stainless wear ring $280 impeller so you do the math JMO

+1

Cavitation on holeshot

Check your rubber impeller boot. Mine split and I had exactly the same scenerio as you described. I replaced it and now it's good as new out of the hole.

Thread Information