05 RxP

not getting full RPMs

i seem to be losing RPMs, i got my ski stock and was only doing abourt 7750rpms, rarely getting 7850. I put on a 14/19, intake grate, opas block off, SS wear ring, and a Riva thru hull exhaust, and oddly enough im still only turning those same RPMs, i serviced it once since I got it (about 20hours ago). And i think i might have too much oil? Im going to change plugs and oil filter, and oil, 2moro, and see if i can get the exact right amount, and get 8100?

Not to mention im about 225lbs? could that make a difference? Im also looking for an intake, i know im losing there aswell, cant find any on island.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sealz View Post
    i seem to be losing RPMs, i got my ski stock and was only doing abourt 7750rpms, rarely getting 7850. I put on a 14/19, intake grate, opas block off, SS wear ring, and a Riva thru hull exhaust, and oddly enough im still only turning those same RPMs, i serviced it once since I got it (about 20hours ago). And i think i might have too much oil? Im going to change plugs and oil filter, and oil, 2moro, and see if i can get the exact right amount, and get 8100?

Not to mention im about 225lbs? could that make a difference? Im also looking for an intake, i know im losing there aswell, cant find any on island.
    You are doing pretty well to maintain RPMs after adding the 14/19 and only the thru-hull exhaust. You should try to make a 4" intake or buy a use Riva Power filter. Your next otions would be to tweak the prop by taking out some pitch on the trailing edge. Do this in small incriments, .5-1mm at a time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sealz View Post

I say you had an issue before mods to only be turning 7,850. It could be a number of things that could create that issue.
    By just adding what mods you indicated you should not have seen much difference in rpm in fact you problably should have lost rpm.

check out a thread here about loosing rpms and it will have a check list to go over.

Good luck!

Darth is correct you will need more power to turn that 14/19. It is possible that once you figure out why your rpms were low that you could depitch the prop to get to 8,100 rpm.

How many hours on sc?

05 RxP
    about 20hours since it has been rebuilt, i think he even put a better condition stock impeller in it too, im looking for a used intake, cuz shipping to cayman is pretty expensive, and im the type of guy who wants it NOW :P

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    You should try to make a 4" intake or buy a use Riva Power filter.
    +1

Definitely go with a larger intake, that will bump you right up.

05 RxP
    im gonna install my power filter this evening and try to do a test run either 2night or 2moro afternoon, hopefully i can get around 8000 or maybe even more?

Thread Information