Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

skis & top mph???

2 stroke kawis whats the top speed of some of the smokers???something documented that can be proved not i heard this or a friend said that.triple pipes,ski set up for just speed even better,not trying to start something,just curious about how some of these performed before nobody cares with all the 4 stroke stuff.

+1
    i have seen triple piped ultras, ported runnin 80+

not caring about 4 strokes i have seen supercharged kawis (15f's) runnin 90 all day.

There is video of enufpwr running 80+ on a ultra 150 posted on you tube. That was on a tripple pipe ported motor. He is a member here and is on a seadoo now.

Mine is probably one of the faster ones on here now it ran 71.3 at mudbug this year as a single pipe. It now has coffmans tripples and has seen 75.2 gps. There should be more in it once I get the prop pitched better.

Outlawgpr has a tripple pie ultra also dont know where his is running.

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    There is video of enufpwr running 80+ on a ultra 150 posted on you tube. That was on a tripple pipe ported motor. He is a member here and is on a seadoo now.

Mine is probably one of the faster ones on here now it ran 71.3 at mudbug this year as a single pipe. It now has coffmans tripples and has seen 75.2 gps. There should be more in it once I get the prop pitched better.

Outlawgpr has a tripple pie ultra also dont know where his is running.
    I have went an all time best of 77.2 mph in cool weather. That was 2005.

The day before I left for Mudbug this year it went 76.0 in the heat. This is a non ported stock cylinder, standard bore (80mm), stock compression, stock reeds with a 16/20 box stock prop, Triple pipes, and Buckshot 50's on 93 octane. At mudbug I ran some high 73's on completely full tank of fuel. If youve been around the Ultra much it slows the acceleration and top speed off by quite a bit on a fuel tank of fuel...

The runs made in 2005 also had a ADA head with 42cc domes and all else was the same. I feel like with the ADA back on there I could pull some 78's with stock cylinders! But at 77-78 the Ultra can get a little distrubed from what enufpwer says....

Also the runs were made on the stock rideplates and stock intake grates...

With the raised port cylinders or just regular full porting I think 80 could be had in the cooler weather....I have only ridden this boat 3 times this year!

Back in the day a guy named Charlie Patrick used to have a high 80s possibly 90s Ultra and STXR. Its been to long, but I remember he had nitrous and FPP Triples.

Obviously with Nitrous it wasn't your everyday rider.

Mine is right there with Morris and Outlaw's with an almost empty tank in the May I was able to get 77-78. In the normal summer it is consistent 75-76. The 150 is so light fuel makes a good difference, with a full tank its down to 73-74.

Its a 2001 Ultra
    Stock Compression/Stock porting (Not for long )
    Coffman Triples
    Novi 48mm XR Carbs
    V-Force reeds/cages
    The usual handling parts/home brew mods.

Quote Originally Posted by pthoma1 View Post
    Back in the day a guy named Charlie Patrick used to have a high 80s possibly 90s Ultra and STXR. Its been to long, but I remember he had nitrous and FPP Triples.

Obviously with Nitrous it wasn't your everyday rider.

Mine is right there with Morris and Outlaw's with an almost empty tank in the May I was able to get 77-78. In the normal summer it is consistent 75-76. The 150 is so light fuel makes a good difference, with a full tank its down to 73-74.

Its a 2001 Ultra
    Stock Compression/Stock porting (Not for long )
    Coffman Triples
    Novi 48mm XR Carbs
    V-Force reeds/cages
    The usual handling parts/home brew mods.
    I wish I could use the Vforces. I cant get but about 2 hours out of em.....

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    farthings stxr at nashville 3 years ago was radared on the back stretch @ 74.6 going into the turn

Outlaw you might be able to run the new style updated cage. Mine have lived since the bug. The latest d2's have the reed tip recessed to help protect it.

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    Outlaw you might be able to run the new style updated cage. Mine have lived since the bug. The latest d2's have the reed tip recessed to help protect it.
    I wish they would take mine in on a trade in because those first ones where worthless....

It must also have something to do with them being vertical.

I sent mine in to be fixed and they exchanged them for the new style. call them and ask.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information